Job Summary –
- Provide massage and body services offered by the Sense Spa at Rosewood Sand Hill. Cultivate and maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all Rosewood Sand Hill departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times. Resolve guest concerns, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain knowledge of hours of operation, memberships, reservations, fees, treatments, products and merchandise as well as pertinent hotel information.
- Set up and organize workstation with designated supplies, forms and resource materials; report shortages to supervisor.
- Be familiar with all hotel/spa packages, promotions, prices and rates.
- Attend all scheduled meetings, classes and training sessions; knowledge required within the Spa must be passed on to co-workers.
- Perform opening, closing and cleaning procedures. Maintain knowledge of inventory and appointment scheduling and special needs or requests.
- Conduct appointments according to guest’s comfort and desire. Follow service, safety and cleanliness protocol.
- Prepare guest consultation. Be thoroughly familiar and able to recommend Spa products and treatments as well as know pertinent hotel information.
- Sanitize implements. Sell/promote merchandise. Follow linen procedures and room set up. Follow draping procedures. Handle closing duties and complete required post- treatment documents.
- Handle emergency procedures and report any accidents to your manager and security.
- Responsible for stocking supplies needed for cabinets (sheets, towels, blankets, and all products used by therapists while performing their treatments).
- Follow established standard guideline for massage/treatment procedures.
- All other duties as required.
Required Skills –
- General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems, using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Technical Skills: Ability to:
· Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
· Prioritize, organize and follow up.
· Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
· Follow directions thoroughly.
· Understand guest’s service needs.
· Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
· Work with minimal supervision.
· Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
· Knowledge of SpaSoft is an asset.
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English. Additional language is an asset
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, be available at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
- High school diploma. Diploma or degree in a related field.
- First Aid & CPR certified.
- Licenses & Certifications: certified current massage therapist in the state of California.
- Knowledge of SpaSoft software desirable.
- Minimum 2 years’ massage experience in a luxury spa environment, preferably within a luxury hotel.
- Must work flexible hours to cover shifts and days as needed.