A towing manufacturing company in Detroit MI is currently seeking full-time lead TECHNICIANS. Detroit Wrecker manufactures & installs the Lil Hercules Wheel Lift & Low Loader Car Carrier. In this role, you will work with the Manufacturing & Service Manager to direct the department in meeting customer deadlines with new installs as well as large service jobs. The primary job will include installing new truck equipment, accessories, and occasionally work on complete restoration projects. Detroit Wrecker only works on towing equipment, NOT DIESEL ENGINES or chassis related components. We are looking for a candidate that is experienced with electrical & hydraulic systems on truck or construction equipment, familiar with fabricating knowledge, able to weld MIG & Stick, possess a professional toolset, able to diagnose equipment & suggest repairs needed. Expected to be able to repair, overhaul, maintain, & install a variety of towing equipment.
The applicant would be expected to be with the company long term, we are in a major growth transformation right now and we are expecting any candidate to reflect a true sense of motivation in wanting to help lead a company into its new direction.
Check out Detroit Wrecker Sales YouTube page for more information on our products or videos on the installations.
The qualified candidate must have experience in:
- MIG welding, preferably in a manufacturing setting, but not required
- Equipment assembly & installation
- We provide specific training on our products
- Ability to use precise measuring tools (i.e. squares , calipers, micrometers, filet gauges , 123 blocks )
- Ability to use all welding processes, plasma cutters and torches
- Ability to use a Bridgeport, lathe, drill press, iron worker
- Pay strong attention to detail when making clean cuts and lines when welding.
- Able to lift or carry up to 50 lbs.
- Technical knowhow, can work independently
- Good troubleshooting skills, good vision, hearing, and balance
- 5 years of experience
- Must have reliable transportation
- High School diploma
- Professional Tool Set
- Must understand electrical vehicle wiring
- Must understand closed loop hydraulic systems
We are looking for applicants with a stable work history, preferably at least a year at a current or past position. If you are interested and qualified for this position, please submit your resume for review.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
Please respond with resume, we are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Pay is competitive based upon experience
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 5 - 10 years
Salary: 30.00 Hourly