About Us:BW Flexible Systems is a global manufacturer of packaging systems that fill and bag thousands of food and non-food products. Our packaging systems are designed and manufactured to maximize the efficiency and lifetime value of our customers’ packaging lines. Our range of machinery includes form-fill-seal, feeding, bag filling and sealing, pouch-making equipment, flow-wrap, reclosable packaging solutions, palletizing, stretch-wrapping and more.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
The Master Planner provides direction and develops the planning team’s skills and improves the processes to achieve a highly reliable flow of information and materials in a mixed model manufacturing environment. This role requires a deep understanding of MRP/ERP material planning, S&OP/SIOP, master scheduling and capacity planning and all these concepts contribute to a lean workplace. This role will partner with the various site sales and operational functions to ensure highly efficient lean supply chain execution in terms of material cost, quality, delivery and inventory and provide insightful leadership by encouraging others to discover, develop and apply their talents enabling them to reach their full potential. The Master Planner encourages others to discover, develop and apply their talents enabling them to reach their full potential, and actively engages in our Lean journey by building and acting on continuous improvement and development opportunities.
- Interact frequently with Sales, Marketing and Manufacturing personnel to balance supply and demand.
- Responsible for executing an effective, timely Master Planning process that delivers an accurate, stable demand signal to create feasible production schedules and optimize inventory.
- Develop, implement and lead the Sales and Operations Planning process for BW Flexible Systems including the creation of metrics, guidelines and policies. Includes facilitating S&OP meetings to gain alignment to a consensus forecast, identification of risks and opportunities, and the coordination of action items and improvement efforts.
- Oversee the MRP system and scheduling tools for maximum efficiency.
- Improve material availability to support internal production and end customer requirements. Use Capacity Planning tools to determine if production will be constrained in future periods; load level production plan and identify potential corrective actions such as: working overtime, adding equipment, outsourcing or expediting as well as balancing resources and capacity across all BW Flexible System sites.
- Define and manage supply strategies, item planning parameters, and stocking levels for the new machinery, parts, and re-build warehouses.
- Work closely with value stream planners and inventory control leader to optimize inventory levels through improved material planning, supplier stocking programs, lead time reductions, etc. Help balance and coordinate manufacturing orders based on material/capacity availability.
- Ensure key metric (KPI) reporting is in place that facilitates accurate forecasting and planning processes used within the organization.
- Develop business policies and implement the associated metrics to monitor data accuracy, validity, and completeness impacting downstream planning and fulfillment processes (ERP item master, BoMs, routings, etc).
- Mentor, develop and provide training to drive process standardization and rigor in all planning and materials management activities. Includes process optimization, development of standard work and training documentation for the value stream planners.
- Identify and leverage opportunities to continually improve the quality of data, processes and standards.
- Collaborate with other departments to determine disposition of materials and expedite flow of materials as needed; work with engineering in substitution of materials as required.
- Initiate and drive projects for continuous improvement on inventory accuracy and planning.
- Develop and automate key metrics and ensure continuous improvement to metrics over time.
- Maintain the highest level of ethical, safety, and quality standards.
- BA Degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Materials Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of combined experience in supply chain and operations
- Master Planning experience in a manufacturing environment with thorough MRP knowledge and functionality.
- An advanced understanding and application of lean manufacturing principles.
- Proven leadership abilities and in-depth knowledge of materials management and S&OP
- Strong background and understanding of the following in a manufacturing / distribution environment:
- Materials Management / Master Scheduling
- Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP)
- Capacity Planning
- Knowledge, experience and proficiency with ERP systems.
- Strong experience in performance metrics and process implementation and improvement.
- Strong project management skills / background.
- Models and supports organization’s goals and values; adapts to changing conditions; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information and ideas in a variety of media.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and hold others accountable.
- Action oriented; enjoys challenges; can do approach with a drive for results.
- Strong influencing skills – ability to influence & collaborate across functional and geographic boundaries as well as across organizational tiers.
- Solid analytical skills and solution-driven thinking; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data. Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Agility and personal adaptability with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities with a high sense of urgency in a rapidly changing environment.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work.
- APICS / Supply Chain Certifications or other Materials related certifications
- Experience with Infor XA
- Kepner-Tregoe understanding and application
- Project management certification
- Lean certification
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Company:BWFS US - Duncan