At Big O Tires, we strive to be the preferred tire and auto service retailer in every community while making Big O Tires a great place to work. We offer paid time off, a family oriented work environment, and all you need to be successful. Join our team today!
As an Automotive Service Technician for Big O Tires, you will perform service and installation activities associated with store products and services in an accurate and timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide fast and friendly service
- Strong diagnostic skills A/C, drivability, electrical, and suspension.
- Examine vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunctions.
- Test drive vehicles to verify complaint.
- Repair, replace, and adjust brakes.
- Review work orders and discuss work with Service Advisors.
- Follow systematic checklists to ensure all important parts are examined, including belts, hoses, steering systems, spark plugs, brake and fuel systems, wheel bearings, and other potentially troublesome areas.
- Test and adjust repaired systems to meet manufacturers' performance specifications.
- Confer with customers to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, and to discuss work to be performed and future repair requirements.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, and other maintenance.
- Repair and service air conditioning, heating, engine-cooling, and electrical systems.
- Promote sales through explaining benefits of service and products to customers
- Maintain timely and professional communication with management, employees, vendors and customers
- Keep supervisor informed of any maintenance problems and/or any issues that need attention
- Safely operate customer vehicles with automatic and manual transmissions
- Drain oil and change oil filter; lubricate vehicles; install, rotate and balance tires and properly torque wheels; check and fill various fluids; check and replace various filters and lights
- Maintain a clean environment, tools and equipment, using company guidelines
- Know and adhere to company policies and procedures
- Utilize and perform all duties on the company checklists to meet consistent adherence to policies, procedures and expectations
- ASE Certification
- Availability to work holidays, weekends, and after regular business hours as needed
- Reliable transportation to work
- Ability to learn new concepts and use technical materials
- Ability to consistently operate a computer and other office productivity machinery
- Capability to safely operate automatic and manual transmission vehicles
- Willingness to work with hazardous materials and in outdoor weather conditions
- Complies with Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) regulations
- Ability to remain in a stationary position (standing and/or driving) for up to nine hours per shift
- Ability to move and lift up to 75 pounds
- Ability to meet company requirements including successful pre-employment drug screening, Motor Vehicle Report (MVR), and criminal background check
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, age, sex, religion or national origin. We are committed to building a culturally diverse faculty.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 3 - 5 years
Salary: 70000.00 Annual