As an independent group of companies, the BMW Group has a commitment to creativity and breakthrough ideas that goes well beyond the racetrack. In order to continuously create ultimate driving machines, we drive our growth and design excellence by staffing our teams with individuals who are innovative and always looking for the next great idea. If you share our vision and view yourself as an independent, creative thinker, we invite you to join our team in this exceptional role located in Riverside, California.
The Master Technician is responsible for (but not limited to):
- General service, diagnose and repair BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce Motor Cars vehicles for internal BMW Group employees/departments utilizing BMW specific repair procedures, specifications and equipment. (Shared responsibility)
- Generating PuMA and Teile Clearing cases as needed for reporting and resolution documentation.
- Providing technical support during BMW and MINI new model launches and special events.
- Mentoring (technical) other technicians and assign work as needed.
- Maintaining a clean, safe and professional workstation and workshop environment according to BMW standards. Participate in Hazardous Waste Room and Tire Room cleaning schedule.
- Attending new Service Training seminars and Service Roundtables.
- Traveling to various locations across the country to help increase recall completions. These locations may be outside exposed to the elements.
- Working alongside Product Engineers to explore resolutions to problems and test repair instructions/procedures.
- Receiving and carrying out Repair Orders as dispatched.
- Performing diagnostic services and troubleshooting to determine repair needs.
- Providing labor, time, and parts estimates for repair services (Full responsibility)
- Performing Quality Control checks for repaired vehicles to ensure repairs are complete.
- Completing all required paperwork and documentation for repair services.
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company sponsored Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Income Account
- High School Diploma and equivalent Automotive Technology training (factory or independent equivalency studies).
- 5+ years as a BMW Technician
- MACS certification.
- Proficient in all BMW service diagnostic tools/equipment.
- Proficient with computers (PC).
- Knowledge on how to use a dealership DMS.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle equipped with a manual transmission.
BMW NA is an EEO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.