Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
The Material Analyst will develop material estimates and budgets in support of EFW’s business development and existing sole source production objectives, as well as, leading all material related inquiries for customer required fact-finding and negotiation activities. Additionally, they will be responsible for managing and auditing all inter-organizational proposals. This is an entry level job into the material estimating function.
- Prepare proposals in accordance with customer RFP (Request for Proposal) requirements and Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Work to ensure that material estimates are submitted in line with RFP due dates.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain, Engineering and the Program Office to ensure that all costs are adequately covered in the estimate.
- Prepare support packages including all relevant cost data. All proposals will be reviewed by pricing management and material estimates over $2M will be reviewed by the Director of Supply Chain Management.
- Prepare costed Bills of Material (BOMs) for use in proposal efforts.
- Prepare and submit Requests for Quotes (RFQs), soliciting subcontractors and suppliers for proposals.
- Make proposed sourcing decisions for active competitions based on Qualified Vendor List.
- Evaluate technical data packages and select appropriate supplier base for quoting activity.
- Evaluate subcontractor and supplier proposals for compliance to the RFQ requirements and Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Audit and assess overall proposal compliance for affiliate proposals, and manage affiliates for corrective action.
- Incorporate compliant subcontractor and supplier proposals into material estimates.
- Organize all essential material cost backup data as required by government regulation or customer request.
- Support pre and post award audits by government auditors.
- Perform material data sweeps for certification purposes in compliance with government regulations.
- Support fact-finding efforts for government and prime contract customers.
- Pull technical drawings/data packages from configuration management system and provide to suppliers when required.
- Identify and work to mitigate items with obsolescence issues.
- Work with material planning to perform material lead time analysis.
- Work with the Program Office and Engineering community to establish cost estimates for development programs
- Establish material budgets.
- Identify potential sources of supply.
- Follow existing estimating and standard operating procedures.
- Audit affiliate proposals and determine adequacy.
- Other delegated duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelors Degree OR 5-10 years of equivalent experience required
- 1-3 years experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- FAR/DFARS – strong working knowledge preferred
- Demonstrate electronic/mechanical design knowledge.
- Microsoft Office – strong working knowledge.
- Requires technical knowledge of:
- Military specifications
- Federal acquisition regulations
- Aerospace, Military or similar industry.