Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load bulk materials safely and efficiently to prevent spills and odors by proper use of procedures, connection of hoses and fittings to tanker and tank cars.
- Load and unload bulk quantity hazardous materials. Determine proper unloading devices such as hoses, quick connects and inspect equipment for serviceability prior to use and to prevent spills and odors.
- Connect/disconnect hoses to bulk containers (like railcars/tank trucks) for loading and unloading operations properly to avoid spills or an emission.
- Inspect, Sample and unload bulk materials safely and efficiently to prevent spills and odors by proper use and connection of fittings to tanker or tank car and unloading line.
- Use proper techniques and procedures in transfer of materials and disconnect of hoses and fittings to prevent escape of liquids and vapors.
- When needed, Label, wrap, seal, and palletize finished goods for shipment
- Keep work areas clean, neat and uncluttered and consider housekeeping as an essential part of the operation.
- Fill out BOL properly to ensure compliance with DOT requirements for shipment of hazardous materials.
- Move and store pallets of raw materials, packaging materials and finished goods safely and efficiently to prevent mechanical damaged from improper handling or storage and prevent damage from weathering, rain, rain etc.
- Sample incoming shipments as required and deliver sample to QC lab in timely manner.
- Operate related equipment i.e. fork lifts, wrapping machine, drum picker, pumps, etc. in a safe, prescribed and responsible manner to prevent mechanical damage through improper use or misapplication.
- Troubleshoot system and detect malfunction which will affect safe and efficient operation and be able to describe malfunction to maintenance personnel. Must be able to assist maintenance during breakdowns and shutdowns.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be able to do moderate to heavy lifting.
- Drive forklift in tight quarters.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long period of time as well as climb stairs and ladder frequently to high places.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts.
- Must be able to work outdoors and in inclement weather
- Must be able to function while wearing personal protective equipment including half-face, full-face respirator or a supplied air breathing apparatus.
- Must be able to fully understand and comprehend and strictly adhere to both oral and written safety, operating procedures and policies.
- Be able to function in a crisis situation under direction of supervisor or other in case of emergency that might occur in shipping and handling of hazardous materials at the plant site.
- Must be able to use hand tools for connections and disconnections.
- Ability to use handheld calculator to do simple arithmetic calculation for loading, sizing and weight determination, as required.
- Read and comprehend moderately complex instructions and conduct operations accordingly.
- Read and understand material safety and data sheets
- Preferably Completion of high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- At least two years’ experience of progressive experience in handling of hazardous materials in bulk quantities to include loading and unloading of tank trucks and tank cars. Preferably one year of experience in handling of hazardous chemicals in packaged quantities to include moving and sorting of palletized goods and loading and unloading of trailers.
This Position is entitled to:
Shift differential pay. Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for Employee and Dependent(s). Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA). 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan. Employee Stock Purchasing Plan (ESPP). Tuition Reimbursement. Vacation, Sick, Holiday Pay. Wellness Program.