Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
Material Handler will perform a variety of material handling duties while practicing and complying with environmental, health and safety directions and procedures.
- Receive, check, store, issue and ship a variety of items in all material handling areas and maintain inventory control.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Prepares items for direct shipping or delivery according to customer specifications.
- Counts, sorts, compile records and inventory quantities, types of materials received, stored and issued in plants. Prepares material for storage.
- Stores materials in bins, floors or shelves with identifying information. Adds preservatives when and where necessary.
- May cut or prepare materials to fill inspection sample orders.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments; notifies supervisor of damaged items, records storage and corresponds with shippers. Delivers items to the appropriate department, plant site or other locations.
- Loads/unloads trucks and pallets as needed, using hand and power equipment.
- Safely operates all assigned equipment. This would include having met the requirements set forth by the State of Illinois in terms of drivers’ license, or by the Company for certification of the safe operation of fork lift trucks or related equipment prior to assignment to work with one of those pieces of equipment.
- Equipment operated weigh scales, stretch wrapper, PCs, automated printing equipment, both line printers and label printers, and other material handling equipment as it applies.
- Possesses knowledge of proper parts handling, cleanliness requirements. Patch checks parts as required. Ability to utilize TGM’s system and inventory control procedures for tooling and gages.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to use simple gauges, meters, linear measures, scales and procedures.
- Requires basic computer skills to cover all material handling areas.
- Must be a US Person (this will include the green card holders)
- Able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Able to stand and walk (10,000+ steps)
- Knowledge of storekeeping methods, clerical and inventory control.
- Previous fork truck experience preferred
- Previous material handing experience preferred
- A.S. degree in relevant field
- SAP knowledge
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems or creating a positive in-flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
At this time, Collins Aerospace will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms