Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
Materials Clerk – 01373155 – Rockford, IL – 1st Shift
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our customers are at the core of our business. And meeting each of their unique needs is the key to our success.
If you want to advance your career while contributing to a vision that helps our customers redefine the aerospace industry, then consider landing here!
Want to join the largest aftermarket network in the industry, with more than 50 maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) locations across 26 countries? You can learn from the best while bringing your fresh perspective and enthusiasm for customer service to our team. If those closest to you would use the words reliable and dependable to describe you, you could be a good fit for our team!
The Material Clerk will be responsible for:
- Receives, stores and issues materials, supplies and merchandise. Compiles and verifies stock records against source documents. Packages and ships end products. Loads, unloads and moves materials within and outside the plant. Performs tasks with minimal supervision.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Prepares items for direct shipping or delivery according to customer specifications.
- Counts, sorts, compile records and inventory quantities, types of materials received, stored and issued in plants. Prepares material for storage.
- Stores materials in bins, floors or shelves with identifying information. Adds preservatives when and where necessary.
- May cut or prepare materials to fill inspection sample orders.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments; notifies supervisor of damaged items, records storage and corresponds with shippers. Delivers items to the appropriate department, plant site or other locations.
- Loads/unloads trucks and pallets as needed, using hand and power equipment.
- Safely operates all assigned equipment. This would include having met the requirements set forth by the State of Illinois in terms of drivers’ license, or by the Company for certification of the safe operation of fork lift trucks or related equipment prior to assignment to work with one of those pieces of equipment.
- Equipment operated weigh scales, stretch wrapper, PCs, automated printing equipment, both line printers and label printers, and other material handling equipment as it applies.
- Possesses knowledge of proper parts handling, cleanliness requirements. Patch checks parts as required. Ability to utilize TGM’s system and inventory control procedures for tooling and gages.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
- Transport product with or without product carts;
- Lift up to 35 pounds unassisted;
- Sit and or stand for extended periods of time bend, squat, stoop, reach, turn as required
- use hands, arms and shoulders for extended periods of time to perform material handling
- Distinguish colors and meet vision requirements
- Work with products of various weights & sizes, material handling tools & equipment, hot sealing equipment, and chemicals & adhesives that may emit fumes.
- Wear static-control and personal protective equipment.
- Steel toed shoes are required on start date
- Frequent lifting up to 35 lbs.
- computer literate; attention to detail; basic math; read & write English and be able to multitask
- High School diploma or GED
- 1-2 year’s material handling experience
- We will only accept applications from U.S. persons for this job
- Good reading & math skills
- Good computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to read & follow written/verbal instructions, use basic measuring instruments, effectively communicate and & interact with others, handle multiple tasks at the same time, access & use computer systems (e.g. email, work instructions, attendance).
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• and more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms