Material Control Specialist
Location: Greenville, SC
Pay rate: W2/Hourly
Job ID: 2711
Candidate will be responsible for oversight of suppliers providing parts to the plant. Candidate should have strong overall logistics background, including material planning and transportation (truck, rail, air, sea). Candidate should have strong problem solving / troubleshooting ability and be able to make critical decisions with limited supervision. Automotive experience preferred. ERP/SAP experience preferred. May need to work alternating Sundays.
- Efficiently ensures availability of the required quantity of exact parts at the needed time to support the production program and TS-M (Material Planning) goals.
- Controls supplies and stock by timely planning the correct quantity of parts, while at the same time optimizing the stock on hand.
- Performs basic data processing and parameter administration in the Material Planning system.
Supports on-going series production, parts run-in and run-out, and processing of technical changes within this scope is the minimization of obsolescence costs.
- Maintains and analyzes monthly Supplier rating and yearly SUMIS (Supplier Management Information System) rating information as applicable.
- Participates in TS-M projects, or projects led outside TS-M.
- Acts as a contact to all suppliers and carriers, logistics association, and institutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by operations supervisor.
4 years equivalent professional experience in Material Planning including Material.
Requirements Planning (MRP) and SAP.
2-5 years of related professional experience in Material Planning including Material Requirements Planning (MRP) a plus.
2-5 years of experience in Supply Chain Management.
2-5 years of experience in Material Control and Production Control Management.
About our Company
DataSoft Technologies is a highly recognized provider of professional IT Consulting services in the US. Founded in 1994, DataSoft Technologies, Inc. provides staff augmentation services for Information Technology and Automotive Services. Our team member benefits include:
- Paid Holidays/Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical/Dental Insurance/Vision
- Life Insurance
- 401 (K)