Job Title: Material Finishing Operator_2nd Shift
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
To produce quality components for sub-assemblies through processes of grinding and polishing to obtain required finish
Duties - cont'd
- Operate pneumatic grinding/polishing hand tools and stroke sanders.
- Read and interpret shop travelers and engineering blueprints and other working documents.
- Record activity (number of parts and elapse times) on the Shop Floor Control System.
- Produce quality components that meet all finish requirements as determined by Engineering.
- Remain safety conscious at all times, wearing all prescribed safety equipment, including dust mask while performing job and observing all safety rules stated in the Employee Handbook.
- Immediately report to your Supervisor any problems, discrepancies and/or irregularities related to job assignment.
- Keep machine and work area clean, neat and orderly on an ongoing and daily basis.
- Complete any and all projects, assignments and duties as directed and instructed.
- Conform to all policies, procedures and rules of conduct as communicated through the Employee handbook, Bulletin Boards, Newsletters and any other vehicle by which information is distributed by STERIS leadership.
- Meet pulmonary standards; pass annual testing requirements.
- High school education or GED required.
- Lift and carry up to 40 lbs of materials periodically (4-7 times) during the shift.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and members of the leadership team and to show initiative to
communicate and take action on problem issues.
- Assist with training other operators.
- Ability to make decisions and stay quality focused
- Ability to understand and follow work instructions, both written and oral.
- Ability to adapt to conditions as dictated by business requirements.
- Ability to work with others.
- Willingness to work overtime, if required.
- Knowledge, understanding and application of Lean Manufacturing tools, such as, 5S, Kanban Inventory,
Visual Management, Waste elimination, and Root Cause Problem Solving are preferred.
Posting closes 5/31/2019
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
Nearest Major Market: Montgomery
Job Segment: Medical, Engineer, Equipment Operator, Pulmonary, Healthcare, Engineering, Manufacturing