Transport all materials and equipment via forklift to each cell operation allowing continuous/expeditious production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate forklift, read and follow directions, and respond quickly in a fast-paced production environment.
- Perform the above within acceptable quality, quantity, performance and safety standards.
- Use Epic Scanner for material movement in SAP.
- Transport materials and baskets to and from work cells as needed to maintain continuous production.
- Overtime as required/requested.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Load and unload trucks, dump scrap, move machinery, etc. as requested.
- Perform safety checks and basic preventative maintenance daily on the forklifts.
- Follow safety regulations at all times.*This list may not be all-inclusive and may include other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to acquire forklift license in timely manner
- Knowledge of safety regulations
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal directions and charts
- Flexibility and ability to respond quickly to numerous requests and paging announcements
- Alertness and awareness of surrounding activities in all directions
- High noise levels
- Constricted work areas and pathways
- Some exposure to outside weather conditions
- Extensive sitting with some pushing and pulling
- Good visual acuity
- Good head, hand and foot motion
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.