Hayward Industries is the world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of residential and commercial swimming pool equipment, with strong markets in the U.S., Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Australia, and over 60 other countries. Our success with innovative new products and new markets is creating opportunities for dynamic and challenging careers in a number of areas.
For over 80 years, Hayward has been enhancing pool ownership by a manufacturing cutting edge, advanced pool and spa equipment. Hayward listens to customers’ needs and builds in innovation during the design and manufacturing process. The corporate goal is to become the around-the-world brand of choice for residential and commercial swimming pool and spa.
- Deliver the proper parts in the correct quantities in just in time fashion to each sand filter manufacturing cell. Notify the Shift Lead Person when standards cannot be met.
- Loading and unloading of parts delivery carts and using cart to deliver parts to the cells.
- Placing all the necessary parts for one hour of production onto parts presentation tables at each cell.
- Replenishing supermarkets, parts presentations and pallet locations as needed on the production floor.
- Monitoring end of order quantity and deliver only those quantities needed for order completion.
- Taking finished goods from blow molding cells to Distribution Center location.
- Using RF gun to make proper inventory transactions.
- Returning excess WIP parts, cartons, etc., to proper warehouse location (Return-to-Stock).
- Completes all necessary paperwork such as Material Requisition forms, Rework orders, etc., to facilitate materials movement within the department.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with managers, lead people, peers and all other employees who must interact with the blow molding department.
- Insures good housekeeping (5S) at all times.
- Participates in Kaizen projects and Continuous Improvement programs as needed to advance departmental and company goals.
- Understands and adheres to all company policies and procedures, and all safety programs.
- Must be computer literate and have the ability to use an RF gun accurately.
- Must be able to read Bills of Material and Standard Work Instructions and understand their use in the molding, assembly and packaging of sand filters.
- Must hold a valid forklift operator's license, or able to be certified, and have a good safety record.
- Good attendance record is a must
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate, GED or higher is preferred. At least one year of work experience is desired, working in a manufacturing environment with emphasis on blow molding, assembly, finish packaging, work order coordination and quality verification. Must be experienced driving a forklift, including slip sheet attachment and must be forklift certified via Hayward forklift licensing program.