Overview / Job Summary
Aleris is a global leader in the manufacture and sale of aluminum rolled products, with approximately 14 facilities in three geographically aligned business units in North America, Europe and China. We serve a variety of end-use industries, including aerospace, automotive, defense, building and construction, transportation, packaging, and consumer goods. Our North America division is seeking to add a talented Material Handler to its team at our Clayton, NJ facility.
Pay and BenefitsEvening shift positions (6pm – 6am) with starting hourly rate $16.83, top rate $19.54, plus applicable shift premium. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k w/company match, and quarterly bonus program opportunity of 5% of gross wages.
- Maintain a safe working environment by complying with Aleris HSE standards and policies, all state and federal regulations, and company policies and procedures. In addition, keeps pallet area and workstation organized and maintains clean shipping supply area.
- Prepare order by upending coils, loading pallets, banding, and running stretch wrap equipment.
- Prepare aluminum scrap by operating compactor equipment and palletizing compacted aluminum blocks.
- Transport coils and palletized aluminum blocks by operating forklifts.
- Support and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Maintain accurate, legible and timely records by completing data entry on computer including labeling material for shipment.
- Complete Preventative Maintenance Requirements by inspecting equipment for potential problems and, if necessary, report any issues to Supervisor to ensure corrective action/maintenance work order gets completed.
- Maintains product quality by following organizational ISO9001:2015 standards.
- Provides support as required to the operation by performing other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Perform basic math calculations
- Demonstrated forklift experience
- Perform lifting up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to work any hours, overtime, weekends and holidays as scheduled/required
Aleris is an equal opportunity employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Our HR teams will reach out to the applicants who met the qualifications and are most closely aligned with requirements of the position.