The Material Handler is responsible for receiving, storing, picking and distributing material and products within establishment.
Essential Job Duties
- Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Transports materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, or other stock items and distributes items to production areas.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Certified to drive material handling equipment.
- Transports stored items within the warehouse.
- Loads and unloads trailers of palletized and non-palletized product.
- Utilizes manual and automated material handling equipment.
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal protection.
- Keeps work area clean and removes trash from work area floor.
- Stores supplies in designated areas.
- Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from obstructions.
- Follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes, and weights; identifies/reports defective equipment.
- Reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
- Takes photos of incoming or outgoing load and log items and pictures for documentation.
- Uses computer to enter records.
- Where applicable, climbs and works at the heights of material tanks.
- May climb on top or into tank trailers to check seals and take samples.
- May prepare and takes a cycle count inventory of all merchandise; records counts on cycle count sheets.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- Supports and participates in Continuous Improvement initiatives including 5S (sort, set, shine, standardize, and sustain).
- May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility
No supervisory or budgetary responsibility.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to pass basic math skills test.
- Ability to multitask.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of obtaining Forklift certification.Education and ExperienceHigh School Diploma or GED; or equivalent combination of education and experienced required.Previous experience with Oracle or similar based WMS system; a minimum of 1 year experience in a warehouse position; previous forklift experience is preferred.Professional Licenses or CertificationsObtain and maintain a forklift certification.
Supply Chain-Logistics_KFI - Distribution OR(D7149)
Snyder’s-Lance is an Equal Opportunity Employer- Veterans/Disabled and Other Protected Categories