LOCATION: Huntsville, TX
MATERIAL HANDLER I/Forklift Operator
Assist machine shop personnel by loading, unloading and moving materials to ensure minimum downtime is achieved.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (NOT LISTED IN ANY PARTICULAR ORDER)
• Move material to and from work stations as required.
• Read work orders or follow verbal instruction to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
• Open containers, using steel cutters, crowbar, claw hammer or other hand tools.
• Load and unload materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks and shelves by hand.
• Count and record number of units of materials moved or handles on daily production sheet.
• Assist machinist as needed.
• Responsible for correctly completing daily time records.
• Punctual, avoiding, excessive absences.
• Responsible for accurately logging information by whatever means currently being used and seeing that it is received by Production Control.
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Know and understand the company Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality System Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Work Place Instructions.
• Understand and comply with all Safety and Environmental requirements.
• Responsible for cleaning work area before end of shift.
• Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Ability to safely operate overhead crane.
• Ability to safely operate forklift.
• Ability to use basic measuring tools.
• Ability to safely operate conveyor systems.• Ability to read and speak the English language
• Basic math skills.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
• Must be able to safely Operate forklift
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Hazardous Materials Worker