At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Join a company where the work you do makes a difference! We are One Team with One Goal. At STERIS Applied Sterilization Technologies (AST), it’s our philosophy and our way of doing business. Through a network of over 50 facilities globally, STERIS AST has been committed to providing contract sterilization services to the medical device, pharmaceutical, consumer, and industrial communities for over 40 years. Our irradiation and gas sterilization services ensure the safety of those who use these products, including our families, our friends, and ourselves.
If you are looking to join a collaborative and innovative team in an essential industry, apply for our Material Handler position today!
This position works an 8 hour shift andoffers overtime potential based on business needs. The hourly pay rate is $18 plus shift differential (as applicable).
What you will do with us:
- Safely and accurately process Customer products according to established procedures within FDA, ISO, and GMP guidelines.
- Utilize handling equipment, such as forklifts and pallet jacks, to transfer Customer product through the sterilization process
- Load and unload Customer product manually or using automated equipment into the validated sterilization process
- Place and retrieve monitoring devices on product to ensure proper sterilization levels
- Comply with all safety and health requirements to work within facilities with exposure to gamma or gas sterilization modalities. Including maintaining training and annual certification to use respiratory protection equipment (SCBA) in EO facilities (as applicable).
- Ensure safety and quality in all aspects of the job
How you will learn your role:
- Review work instructions along with vital policies and procedures
- Take part in on-the-job training, overseen by your Hiring Manager
- Demonstrate ability to meet the requirements of the job
- High School Diploma or GED
You will be a great fit if you can:
- Pass a drug test and criminal background check
- Be dependable and on time
- Be a team player
- Pay attention to detail
- Work while seated or standing, using your hands
- Utilize basic computer and math skills
- Lift up to 50lbs
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.