The Material Handler I is responsible for the safe movement of Customer product, which includes movement of product within unprocessed storage area, transfer of product to processing area, loading and unloading processed product, places and retrieves monitoring devices on product, pre-shipping preparation and staging product in processed area. Reviews product and process documents and instructions, i.e., Customer provided special instructions or work instructions, and ensures accurate processing. May perform the duties of Material Handler, Warehouse or Warehouse Assistant as needed.
- Maximizes processing and minimizes downtime by monitoring equipment used for product movement and transfer; conducts and refers minor repairs referring major malfunctions and/or unsafe conditions to Supervisor or Maintenance Department; maintains a clean orderly work area, performs Material Handling, production functions as needed; processes product according to specifications if qualified by training and certification.
- Contributes to accuracy of processing and product accountability by maintaining product documentation; implements appropriate corrective action as needed; places, retrieves and analyzes product monitoring devices per processing specifications.
- May assist in maintaining product inventory by receiving, identifying, labeling if appropriate, and storing product within the Shipping and Receiving area in accordance with established procedure and any applicable Customer provided special instructions.
- Loads and unloads product into and from processing station, includes forklift operation.
- Contributes to safe product processing by responding to any alarm conditions in an appropriate manner; reports events and activities outside normal parameters to Supervisor or Operator.
- Contributes in a team effort by performing according to the guidelines outlined in the STERIS Code of Business Conduct, the GMP and other directives; supporting the directives and decisions of higher level management and accomplishing other duties as assigned.
- Works in a safe manner and considers safety in all aspects of job.
- Supports the STERIS AST business imperatives of Growth, Operational Excellence, Leadership Excellence and Customer Focus, by acting with integrity, treating everyone with mutual respect, exhibiting a genuine commitment to the success of all employees, and delivering satisfaction to our Customers through teamwork, innovation and continuous improvement; this will be accomplished while acting safely and is defined as "The STERIS Way."
- Exhibits a commitment to the STERIS AST shared values of Customer Satisfaction and Continuous Improvement through ensuring defect-free workmanship, assisting others to meet the Customer’s needs, searching for efficient and effective ways to reduce waste, being active and accountable for Customer satisfaction, and satisfying the Customer’s needs with a sense of urgency.
Duties - cont'd
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certified to operate manual and motorized material handling equipment, including, but not limited to, forklifts, pallet jacks, elevators, conveyors, etc.
- Ability to pass Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) required background check.
- Ability to effectively read, write and verbally communicate in English.
- Ability to navigate through defined computer screens.
- Above average organizing, analyzing and a minimum of Level 1 math skills (add and subtract 2 digit numbers. Multiply and divide 10’s and 100’s by 2,3,4,5, ability to use the four arithmetic functions of add, subtract, multiply and divide with money, measurements, e.g. cup, pint, inch, foot, lbs. etc.).
- Normal hearing range sufficient to hear alarms, bells, horns, etc.
STERIS is a $2B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.