Primary LocationUS-CA-DPAM Long Beach|
Material Handling lead that performs in a cross-functional capacity to coordinate activities and may oversee various areas within the Parts Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Loads and unloads materials and goods from ingoing and outgoing trucks.
2. Moves, stores and spaces materials as directed, using motorized and non-motorized material handling equipment.
3. Uses computer and/or RF equipment continuously for material handling assignment information, including updating the system to indicate current inventory, to generate and print bar code labels to attach to products and/or containers and to confirm transaction completion.
4. Assists in training new staff and in training current staff in new or revised procedures.
5. Leads other material handlers in daily work assignments to ensure that daily production goals are attained.
6. Acts as a backup to the Material Operations Supervisor or Manager as requested. Has key holding responsibility as part of the backup duties.
7. Makes suggestions on process improvements to reduce material handling time, errors and safety incidents.
8. Attends training or meetings as scheduled by management, to share information and to help improve the overall work process.
9. Maintains a clean work environment by maintaining good 5S (cleanliness, organization) conditions in assigned work areas while performing daily job assignments.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Level of Education and Training Required
Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 5 or more years of related experience. Prior warehouse experience is required. Certified to operate Stock-picker, Reach-truck and propane forklift.
Minimum Level of Knowledge and Skills Required
• Strong working knowledge of BPCS system
• Ability to be certified to operate Stock-picker, Reach-truck and propane forklifts
• Knowledge of industrial safety practices and procedures
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure; using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
• Ability to read and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
• Ability to train others on how to perform tasks
• Good oral and written communication skills. Must understand, read and speak basic English.