Job Opening ID:00333438 Material Handler (Open)
Job Title:Material Handler
Country:United States of America
Full/Part Time:Full time
Job Summary:The Material Handler is responsible for manually moving freight around warehouse, stocking/sorting product or other materials, and loading and unloading trucks/trailers. This position will also be responsible for gathering freight and preparing orders for shipment.
Shift: Sunday-Thursday 11:30 PM - 8:00 AM
Pay and Benefits:
- Competitive pay starting at $13.00/hr
- Annual paid vacation
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- 401K with Company Match
Conditions of Employment
Employment is conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, employment verification, and background check.
We proudly provide Warehouse Associates with a career path that will allow them to explore different options within the company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or the physical ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school education preferred but not required.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and lift as much as 100 pounds when necessary.
- Loading and unloading of trailers using hand trucks and dollies for movement of appliances.
- Secure and brace appliances properly and safely
- Operate docks according to JB Hunt Dock Procedures
- Data entry responsibilities for management of inventory
- Recognize and be able to match the product with the product number to complete orders
- Take direction from Team Lead/JB Hunt Manager
- Able to wear a bump cap, and required footwear and work gloves.
- Able to work assigned shift and as required by the supervisor.
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”