CMCM is looking for a hard-working individual to join their team as a Material Handler.
The Material Handler is responsible for the accurate control of inventory, loading, and unloading of materials in the warehouses and storage facilities.
- Loads and unloads incoming and outgoing shipments from trucks, trains and other transport equipment
- Receives and verifies materials against Bill of Lading (BOL) to ensure accuracy
- Performs transactions in the inventory system to enter new quantities and, during shipping transactions, to remove inventory from stock as the need arises
- Operates material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks or dollies to move stock or reorganize storage
- Participates in routing, counting and inspecting items while loading and unloading trucks; delivers and returns items
- Counts, weighs or measures incoming or outgoing items to compare identifying information and variety against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records
- Performs vehicle inspections as required by Federal and State Law; ensures accurate documentation and package marking with appropriate placards when moving hazardous materials
- Fills orders and issues materials and supplies per request; documents transactions appropriately; prepares requisitions and computes costs; keeps records of storeroom inventory
- Performs minor repairs on equipment
- Utilizes computerized or automated systems to accomplish tasks
- Abides by all safety procedures and practices applicable to location and position; participates in appropriate safety training; demonstrates dedication to and support of EH&S principles and values; champions safety as necessary
- Performs other duties assigned by management that fall within the generally expected scope of this position
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to drive heavy-duty machinery
- Minimum one year shipping/receiving experience; experience working in a warehouse environment
- Skill in operating forklift or other materials handling equipment
- Skill in operating large vehicles in tight and congested areas
- Skill in lifting heavy packages and objects
- Proven knowledge of safety practices; good safety record
- Ability to prioritize work; multi-tasking skills; detail oriented
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent English interpersonal skills; both oral and written; Spanish language helpful
- Digital literacy in Microsoft Office Suite, various email and internet programs; other software program
- Certification in forklift operation preferred.
This role may be required, on occasion, to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may be required to climb ladders/storage tanks up to 50’ in height. This person may occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position requires an employee to be in a plant environment as well as exposed to outside elements. Most extreme elements are heat in the summer months of up to 100°+ and some exposure to cold of potentially less than 0° in the winter months. There will be exposure to various chemicals and compounds, including fumes and smells, some of them hazardous. The employee may work in elevated environments. Employee must be able to wear PPE required by the location. General noise may be experienced and louder sounds and vibrations when equipment is running. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. All environments are safe with appropriate PPE.
At CMCM, we have competitive salary program plus performance-based bonus. As our company is global there is an opportunity to work with colleagues and business from around the world. You will have access to a significant 401K match program. The Medical, Dental, Vision and Insurance begins on day 1. We provide generous paid time off & Parental Leave program. Employees can participate in a stock purchase program and Education Assistance Program and Training. Plus much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.