Material Handler in a Food Manufacturing Facility:
Join a fantastic team working with the freshest ingredients to produce fruit and vegetable juices, purees and essences manufactured with local products.
Primary Function of the Material Handler:
This material handler position prepares items for shipment, maintains inventory and supplies all shipping and packaging material to the plant along with receipt of all inbound material and the documentation of those receipts.
- Material Handler will unload inbound goods and deliver to ultimate destination; verify inbound bill of lading matches the raw fruit receiving or purchase order(s) and generate inbound goods labels as needed.
- Prepare outbound orders; sign off on remote orders making sure to follow customer requirements; generate shipping labels; create bills of lading.
- Transfer products to Americold/warehouse and fill out the proper documentation from those receipts.
- Provide the best customer service to all customers and suppliers (internal and external) ensuring that all shipments and receipts are prepared timely, cost effectively, with appropriate materials and documentation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and shipping instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to routinely lift up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift over 50 pounds.
- Must have at least 20/40 vision in both eyes with or without correction.
- Ability to write routine e-mails.
- Ability to perform basic math problems.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook).
Desired behavior, personal attributes,(Success Drivers And Competencies for a Material Handler):
- Prior experience with the following equipment
- Electric pallet jack
- Golf cart
- Prior experience with Parity or other inventory/sales software.
- Proven excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent Attendance
- Push to continually drive personal and organizational results, take educated risks on business opportunities and benchmark external best practices to outperform the competition.
- Create a talent culture founded on a strong conviction that superior talent delivers superior results; scout to find the best people, drive performance, coach transparently, and build strong teams globally.
- Regularly identify areas that can be improved and constructively propose new solutions that increase value and improve business performance; as well as explore multiple possibilities for tackling challenges, think “out of the box” to determine the best solution.
- Proactively seek to improve knowledge of our customers, their markets and business to ensure plan delivery.
- Challenge the status quo and promote bold thinking in order to create value.
- 3 Months
- 6:30 am - 3 pm