Metals USA Plates & Shapes, Inc - York, PA
Position Title: Material Handler/Truck Jockey
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: 2ndshift
The Material Handler/Truck Jockey under limited supervision performs duties related to the storage and movement of inventory or equipment. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodation may be made to enable a qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Receives, places/returns items into stock inventory locations.
* Tags materials for proper identification.
* Pulls and assembles customer orders in order of delivery.
* Prepares and completes customers 'orders in order of delivery.
* Operates yard truck for the purpose of loading and unloading trailers.
* Operates overhead cranes to include jib cranes to transfer material up to 20,000 pounds to load/unload trailers, and transfer material to stationary racks and individual work stations.
* Operates forklift (5k to 10k) to load/unload trailers, if trained and qualified as required.
* Secures loaded material into truck and may load and unload materials. Must be in compliance with FMCSR regulations.
* Completes and documents production and quality paperwork; follow shop system data collection procedures.
* Performs tasks that include grinding and using an oxy fuel torch as required and trained/qualified.
* Maintains work areas in a clean, orderly and safe manner, including the return of tools and equipment to designated areas.
* Assures all machine operation centers are timely loaded with material for production.
* Drives equipment to transport materials as needed.
* Secures loaded cargo onto truck in a timely manner for production.
* Maneuvers trucks into loading and unloading positions.
* Operates company vehicle in a professional, safe and courteous manner and complies with all local, state and federal traffic regulations.
* Secures loaded cargo onto trucks; safely load and unload materials using a winch, hoist and/or forklift.
* Immobilizes and secures cargo on/within a vehicle by using tie-downs, chains, benders or straps.
* Inspects and maintains vehicle daily, complete driver log and reports in compliance with FMCSR daily.
* Notifies management of product discrepancies, equipment malfunctions and/or personal injuries.
* Regular and predictable attendance is requires to perform the duties of a Material Handler/Truck Jockey.
* Adheres to all company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations.
* Adheres to Reliance Steel and Aluminum Code of Conduct as well as customer confidentiality requirements.
* Restocks material.
* Performs other duties as related or assigned.
* Valid OSHA Forklift Certification
* Valid Overhead Crane Certification
* Valid and current CDL Class A license with state and federal regulatory agencies.
Occupation requires physical activity more than 66% of the time (> 5.5 hours per day)
* Stand, walk, sit, handling/fingering, reach outward, reach above shoulder, climb, squat or kneel or bend
* Lift, carry, push and/or pull 51 -- 100 lbs. with assistance
* Must use 3 points of contact when going up and down a flatbed of the truck. Must use the company approved platform ladders
* Must use 3 points of contact when entering and exiting the cab of the truck
Other Physical Requirements:
* Must wear the proper personal protective equipment (PPE)
* Steel-toed boots,
* Hard hat with chin strap; chin strap must be worn on elevated surfaces
* Protective eyewear
* Hand protection
* Arm guards/sleeves
* Hearing protection if required by the hearing conservation program
May be exposed to some of the following working conditions.
* Environmental temperature changes hot & cold, snow and rain, dry and wet road surfaces
* Working inside and outside of the warehouse
* Moderate to loud noise levels
* Full body vibration while driving a vehicle
* Exposure to containments, such as diesel fuel or exhaust fumes
* Exposure to bright or dim lighting conditions, dawn/dusk, day/night
* Oils, dust, fumes and metallic particles
* Drive an enclosed truck on a daily basis
* Day and night shifts
* High School Graduate or equivalent
* CDL Class A license - current and in good standing
* Must be able to pass a DOT physical and random screens in coordination with FMSCR regulations
* Basic arithmetic skills to calculate and convert decimals and fractions
* Ability to comprehend oral and written communication
* Proficient measuring skills and the ability to read measuring tapes, micrometers and calipers
* Ability to stand for long periods of time
* Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, documents and blueprints as required by the bid position
* Industrial warehouse experience preferred
* Experience working with Heavy Equipment preferred
* Overhead Crane/forklift experience required
* Detail Oriented with ability to inspect material for quality
Metals USA offers a competitive starting salary and benefits package
EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled