Material Handling Rep I
Job Code: 1650
The Material Handling Representative I is responsible for the receiving, stocking, picking and delivery of product and equipment for each in house facility.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Material Handling Representative I responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Operates standard warehousing equipment, while abiding by OSHA warehousing equipment regulations and guidelines. Equipment includes manual and electric pallet jacks, e-z go picking carts, and the like.
* Inspects and distributes incoming materials, supplies and equipment to the general inventory area or for user departments.
* Issues supplies, maintains work area and supply room cleanliness and delivers supplies to units and departments.
* Validates what has been received against what the packing slip reflects was shipped.
* Responsible for checking stock levels for their assigned shelves and reporting any stock outs to the Materials Manager.
* Works in resolving receiving, purchase order, and stocking issues.
* Utilizes purchasing and inventory applications for troubleshooting and problem solving solutions for purchasing, inventory, shipment, and receiving errors.
* Responsible for cleaning of the equipment, setting up carts, and plugging in equipment in ready state.
* Utilizes patient charge, replenishment scanning system for electronic issuing, patient charging and depletion of stock.
* Manually charge patients for special order items.
* Counts floor stock inventories, orders replenishment supplies, restocks nursing unit supply carts and storage area.
* Responsible for exchanging, checking, filling, and charging of adult and pediatric crash carts. Includes checking for expiration dates of supplies and supplies used.
* Picks up and delivers patient care equipment to nursing units while monitoring equipment levels kept in the work area.
* Responsible for helping perform physical inventory.
* Responsible for checking supplies for expirations on a house-wide basis and replacing as needed.
* Responsible for rotating stock and maintaining clean and organized PAR Carts and storage areas.
* Physically stocks and picks medical supplies in-house as a backup for the supply carts.
* Responsible for delivering and picking up of Disaster Carts.
* Responsible for promoting positive relations with all internal and external customers.
Reports to the Distribution Operations Manager or Material Manager, as designated.
Is accountable for the timely and safe delivery of patient and facility critical supplies/equipment used in the care of patients within the facility while providing excellent customer service.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Bending, stooping, reaching above shoulder level, crouching, and pushing loads frequently. Must be able to operate pallet jack,
Must follow standard precautions and wear PPE when required. May handle biohazard materials and chemicals. Requires the use of motorized and non-motorized distribution equipment.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Drivers License Preferred
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Verbal and Written)
* Previous warehouse, distribution or customer service experience preferred
* Microsoft Outlook experience preferred
* Obtain certification on all core industrial equipment within 90 days of employment