Summary of Role:
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES Fab 10 is seeking a highly skilled and motivated technician in the MHS Maintenance Area in East Fishkill, New York. Equipment/Maintenance Technicians sustain and run the fab floor with primary responsibility of resolving equipment and process related issues. This position is for performing maintenance planned/unplanned work activities for the Brooks/Guardian Reticle stockers, the Recif Mappers and the Zaris reticle inspection tools.
This Maintenance Technician position is an AWS shift position shift position working a compressed week of 12-hour shifts. Training may be completed on either a M-F 8 hour shift and/or a 12-hour shift. GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing technician support across all shifts.
• Monitor, control, and qualify state of the art 300mm MHS semiconductor equipment
• Perform preventive maintenance activities
• React to error messages of factory systems and/or equipment
• Actively participate in continuous improvement processes, learning and skills development
• Review Statistical Process Control charts for process quality and react to Out of Control conditions including defect troubleshooting
• Perform visual inspections (quality check)
• Recover from process and tool interruptions
• Identify and address potential areas for improvement and optimize tool availability, cycle time, utilization and cost
• Complete all required reporting and documentation
• Understand and follow all health, safety, and environmental procedures and requirements
• Strong team member, able to work well with a team, and perform other duties as assigned
• Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
Education - Minimum 2 Year Technical/Associates Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semiconductor Manufacturing or a related discipline or equivalent military training/experience
Experience - 0-2 years of experience
Language Fluency – Fluency in English Language – written & verbal
Physical Capacity Demands –Able to perform shift work on a 12-hour shift schedule; including working in a cleanroom environment per semi-conductor industry and GLOBALFOUNDRIES protocol/requirements, wearing all required clean room protective clothing and equipment throughout a 12 hour day (excluding breaks) and lift a minimum of 20 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift (full FOUP/lot recovery); able to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 12 hour shift (excluding breaks)
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation,gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.