RelocationRelocation Benefits are available for this position.
NoteEmployer will not sponsor visas for position
This position will:
A. Have sole Corporate responsibility for the management of the non-hydrocarbons Material Master Database for all CITGO locations utilizing the SAP ERP. Responsible for the quality and timeliness of all records contained in this database. The goal of this position is to ensure the integrity, accuracy and usefulness of this essential Corporate asset.
B. Monitor the utilization of this data and report out to various Purchasing, Maintenance, Accounting and Business Unit managers the activities and potential process improvements to be gained by the use of this asset.
C. As a subject matter expert, support Corporate Procurement with recommendations and expertise for Purchasing Optimization in regards to procurement process and system enhancements.
College Degree (Bachelors Level) (or 8+ years in materials planning/management without a degree)
2+ yrs of exposure to the use of the SAP Material Master.
Extensive background in materials identification.
Warehouse, Maintenance and/or Engineering experience in the definition and specification of materials are highly desired.
Familiarity with the SAP Material Classification is a plus.
The minimum number of years of job related experience required by this job is 2 years with a degree; 8+ in materials planning/management without a degree.
1. Corporate responsibility to manage and ensure a fully functional SAP Material Master database with minimal supervision. Approves additions/deletions of records to this corporate database and ensures they are necessary, correct and consistent. Position responsible for establishment/management of consistent format for all Material Master records and to ensure materials can be located by end-users. Establish/maintain relations with all CITGO Business Unit locations including refineries, Marketing, CARCO, Pipeline and Terminals for day to day operations and maintenance of the SAP Material Master. Establish/maintain procedures for loading material data into the SAP Material Master.
2. Perform analysis within and outside of SAP to ensure complete, accurate and standardized Material Master data. This shall include:
(1) Analyze commodity materials to ensure specification data content and standardization to meet CITGO procurement needs.
(2) Conduct audits of manually ordered materials to verify the usage of the Material Master for recommendations for improvements to the procurement process.
(3) Analyze data content of new material contracts to ensure elimination of duplications and ensure the data quality for loading into the Material Master.
(4) Analyze commodity materials versus site-specific procurement practices for recommendations to internal customers for extensions to and/or creations of materials in the Material Master.
(5) Analyze commodity pricing and abnormalities of common materials between sites for possible economical improvements.
(6) Analyze procurement process for materials in the Material Master identifying errors, inefficiencies and missing configuration. From this analysis, the following should be done:
(a) Recommend process improvements and present to the various process owners.
(b) Recommend, test and make configuration changes to the Material Master to address inefficiencies in the process.
(c) Identify training needs for internal and external CITGO customers as well as CITGO suppliers.
(d) Enforce engineering change management of the Material Master data.
(7) Evaluate and recommend modifications to the processes and procedures to improve efficiencies and understanding to both CITGO internal customers and CITGO suppliers. Communicate with internal CITGO customers, and external suppliers to ensure the collection and loading of accurate and timely Material Master data.
3. Coordinate the various levels of requested changes to the Material Master required in the overall integration with the SAP PM and PS modules. This will include changes that affect the maintenance of BOMs, Task lists, and Outline Agreements due to changes to the Material Master. This activity will require a good conceptual and transactional knowledge of the various SAP modules.
4. Administer the CITGO SAP Material Master classification structure to meet the existing business needs of the various CITGO business units, while expanding to meet the new areas of Procurement, such as Marketing and E-commerce. Provide analytical reports to support continuous improvement of the CITGO classification structure.
5. Supervise the clerical/contractual labor (if required) for data enrichment to the SAP Material Master effort including planning, prioritization and tracking of work assignments. Requires ownership of reporting process with various site warehouse personnel to identify improvements in the Inventory Management functionality affected by the Material Master.
6. Conduct activities as the subject matter expert for the SAP Material Master. Participate in testing of new SAP versions, enhancements, and configuration changes as they relate to the SAP Material Master.
7. Serve as Material Master subject matter expert for coordination with Engineering, Purchasing and Maintenance for work process improvements for material planning/scheduling as related to the SAP Material Master. Entails proper application of site specific Engineering specifications, procurement practices, and Material Master data needs.