No, this isn’t one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
As part of Cummins, we will add to your current skills by providing training, encouragement and growth within a teamwork environment. We invest in your professional growth by providing you with education and training opportunities to keep current on industry standards and products. You will gain valuable knowledge of the diesel engine industry and skills that will last a lifetime.
A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in Cummins tradition of exceptional service. Our employees are dedicated to delivering the “Best Every Time, Every Day” with the goal of earning customers for life!
We take pride in providing an unmatched high caliber of service and support for Cummins engines, generators, filters, and related products that serve the varied needs of our customers. Crucial to accomplishing this is the energy and commitment of Cummins employees to the company.
We are looking for a Material Planner to be located at our Ankeny, Iowa Branch.
- Act as the single-point-of-contact for assigned customer accounts; managing the entire order life cycle to ensure orders are processed on time.
- Responsible for assigned customer accounts for the entire order life cycle (from new customer set-up, order entry/modification, escalations; responsibilities might include logistics management) to ensure orders are shipped to agreed deadline
- Act as the single-point-of-contact to Cummins' customers, parts distribution centers and/or manufacturing plants and cross functional departments to process and fulfil customer orders; providing accurate documentation and continual communication to customer throughout the process.
- Take ownership of and resolve complex customer inquiries through extensive research, a detailed understanding of Cummins processes, systems, and practices; provide timely and informative responses as per the Service Level Agreement.
- Request support from the next appropriate level of customer support for complex escalations/issues providing documentation throughout the process.
- Maintain accurate records of all internal and external interactions in the appropriate database/system.
- Ensure customers comply with export polices and ensure required export/shipping documentation is compiled to the relevant legislation.
- Act as liaison between the customer and aftermarket and/or manufacturing location for quality issues; submit Material Non-Conformance or Process Non-Conformance claims via the Quality Management System.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems.
- Support Supervisor with hosting customer visits at local facility.
- Prepare and distribute standard and customized internal and customer reports.
- Understand Customer Order Management policies, procedures and metrics.
- Support Customer Order Management departmental goals and initiatives to become a more proactive customer support organization.
- Participate in/lead process improvement projects.
- Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Self-development - Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Order Life Cycle - Demonstrates the phases of the end-to-end order life cycle, terminology and functional collaboration that enable customer orders to be fulfilled; describes how the order life cycle and customer support are interconnected to ensure an overall positive customer experience.
- Customer Support - Demonstrates how proactive customer support interactions are required at each phase of the order life cycle to ensure customer satisfaction; describes how customer support and the order life cycle are interconnected to ensure an overall positive customer experience.
- Order Processing - Demonstrates the steps necessary to manage the processing of customer orders through order receipt, exception identification and resolution to ensure orders are fulfilled to customer requirements.
- High school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education or equivalent experience to the extent such experience meets applicable regulations.
- College or equivalent degree preferred
- Requires some work experience and intermediate level knowledge obtained through training or on-the-job experience in customer order management, account management or in the supply chain field.
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career with Cummins today.