Material Services Specialist
Job Code: 1654
Responsible for servicing the full supply lifecycle of assigned clinical units with a strong focus on customer service and service delivery assurance. A Materials Service Specialist functions at a lead level with frequent direct interaction with Clinical leadership to ensure a quality service delivery level to assist in improving patient safety. The Materials Services Specialist is accountable for overall Materials Management service delivery and clinical customer satisfaction of their assigned floors/units.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Materials Services Specialist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Provides oversight and training to new employees and Material Handler I and II level staff.
* Counts floor stock inventories, orders replenishment supplies, restocks nursing unit supply carts and storage area.
* Issues supplies, maintains work area and supply room cleanliness and delivers supplies to units and departments.
* Utilizes electronic replenishment scanning system for replenishment purposes.
* Monitors stock levels for their assigned units, resolves stock out issues.
* Inspects and distributes incoming materials, supplies and equipment to the general inventory area or for user departments.
* Checks for expiration dates of supplies and supplies used.
* Stocks and picks medical supplies in house as a backup for the supply carts.
* Assists with product conversions at the assigned location, as necessary.
* Assists with product recalls at the assigned location, as necessary.
* Validates what has been received against what the packing slip reflects was shipped while receiving material into the Inventory system.
* Utilizes purchasing and inventory applications for troubleshooting and problem solving solutions for purchasing, inventory, shipment, and receiving errors.
* Operates standard warehousing equipment, while abiding by OSHA warehousing equipment regulations and guidelines.
* Distributes, checks, fills, and charges for adult and pediatric crash carts.
* Picks up and delivers patient care equipment to nursing units while monitoring equipment levels kept in the work area.
* Delivers and picks up Disaster carts.
* Acts as a preceptor for the department.
* Promotes positive relations with all internal and external customers.
* Receives materials into inventory system including PO and Non PO items
* Participates in daily huddles and leads them in managers absence.
* Participates in sign off of hand-off tool at beginning and end of shift.
* Acts as inventory SME for stat room.
* Serves as Subject Matter Expert for Peoplesoft, Atpar, and other technologies in department.
* Responsible for checking stock levels for assigned areas and reporting stock outs to manager
* Runs reports as necessary for successful completion of daily and project goals.
* Cleans the equipment, setting up carts, and plugging in equipment in ready state.
* Performs physical inventory.
* Check for supply expiration dates using a prescribed system.
* Assists rotating stock and maintaining clean and organized PAR Carts and storage areas.
* Cleans up and organizes workspace
Reports to the Regional Distribution Operations Manager or Materials Manager, as designated. Accountable for the timely and safe delivery of patient and facility critical supplies and equipment used in the care of patients.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Must follow standard precautions and wear PPE when required. May handle biohazard materials and chemicals. Requires the use of motorized and non motorized distribution equipment.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* High School diploma or equivalent with 5 years Materials or Warehouse or Customer Service experience with two years as a material handling representative II required.
* This job requires the incumbents to operate an INTEGRIS owned vehicle or personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS owned) and therefore must have a current Oklahoma State Driver's License as well as a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (Verbal/Written).
* Microsoft Office (Excel, Work and Outlook) experience required.