At Republic Airline, our mission is to provide a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. We believe this is best accomplished by focusing on our vision, “With the BEST people, products, and performance, we will be America’s Regional Airline of choice.” Republic Airline is a regional airline headquartered in Indianapolis, operating fixed-fee flights for American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and United Airlines. The Company’s fleet consists of nearly 190 Embraer 170/175s, offering approximately 950 flights daily to 100 cities in the U.S., Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. Our crew bases include Chicago, IL (ORD), Columbus, OH (CMH), Indianapolis, IN (IND), Kansas City, MO (MCI), Miami, FL (MIA), Newark, NJ (EWR), New York, NY (LGA), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) and Washington, D.C. (DCA). We have 10 maintenance bases: Charlotte, NC (CLT), Chicago, IL (ORD), Columbus, OH (CMH), Indianapolis, IN (IND), Louisville, KY (SDF), Newark, NJ (EWR), New York, NY (LGA), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) and Washington, D.C. (DCA). With more than 5,500 talented aviation professionals, Republic Airline is a great place to get your career off the runway! For more information, please visit our website at www.rjet.com.
Maintains, ships, and handles aircraft parts and material. Ensures timely location and acquisition of parts/materials for maintenance.
- Accurately issues and or delivers parts and materials to various departments. Ensures timely location and acquisition of parts/materials for Maintenance using the computer tracking system and other resources.
- Ensures proper handling of aircraft parts during transactions, shipping, and receiving to avoid damage, flight cancellations or delays.
- Performs accurate and timely computer system transactions including parts/materials issue and returns, warehouse transfers and bin transfers.
- Receives and inspects parts and materials. Logs information in computer.
- Ensures parts/materials are properly stored, identified and comply with Shelf Life programs.
- Expedites past-due repair and purchase orders for critical spare requirements.
- Maintains awareness of Suspected Unapproved Parts (SUP) to prevent entry of SUP into Company inventories.
- Performs shipping functions of both hazardous/non-hazardous material using a variety of options, including creating and delivering counter to counter shipments for air transport.
- Reviews the computer system daily for open requisitions to determine if requested parts/materials are still needed and to cancel/delete outdated requisitions. Conducts inventory cycle counts. Accurately reports discrepancies.
- Works with different departments to ensure maintenance tasks are completed to support the organization.
- Conducts monthly self-audits including shelf life, hazardous shipping files and various FAA audits.
- Maintains tooling needed to perform maintenance tasks.
- Maintains a secure, clean and orderly stockroom per Company policies and procedures and FAA requirements.
- Ensures compliance with hazardous materials/dangerous goods regulations. Follows and complies with all Environmental Protection Agency polices that impact the airline.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary to perform this job.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Must be at least 18 years old.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record.
- Able to operate forklifts and other machinery.
- Must be able to pass and remain current on HAZMAT Dangerous Goods Handling course.
- Possess basic computer skills in Microsoft Office and Word.
- Must be willing to travel for training and company needs.
- Must be a self-starter who can provide excellent customer service.
PREFERRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Previous experience in warehouse, parts, supply chain, etc. is helpful.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Must be able to properly communicate between departments.
REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Makes limited decisions and determines best methods to solve problems by referring to established precedents and policies. Impact of decisions is moderately low.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Able to focus with clear vision at 20 inches or less (computer screen).
Able to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Work in outdoor weather conditions within an open air hangar. Exposed to moderate noise.
Travel up to 10% of the time, including overnight travel.
Able to work a schedule that supports 24 hour operations.