Businesses Pratt & Whitney Job ID 01272558 Date posted 01/03/2019 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country United States
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Do you feel fulfilled when you help others succeed? Are you fascinated by the way the people learn and grow? Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? If so, we want to hear from you! We have an excellent opportunity for a talented Materials Engineer, CMC / EBC Technology to be based in East Hartford, CT.
Would you like to be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation? Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As a part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
As a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, we strive to find dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to contribute to a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
As the Ceramic Matrix Composites (CMC) / Environmental Barrier Coatings (EBC) Materials Engineer, you will:
- work as a member of a large multi-functional development team supporting material and process development of CMC/EBC for application in gas turbine engines.
- carry out experimentation to develop SiC/SiC based composites along with compatible environmental barrier coatings. Y
- characterize the microstructure and properties of these material systems and support design and hardware manufacturing teams by providing material property and processing expertise.
- be responsible for the execution of material/process development plan, material and property characterization, providing guidance to the CMC component design teams, supporting development hardware manufacture, and supporting hardware transition to production activity.
- 10% travel
To be successful in this position, you should have the following experience:
- BS degree in Engineering or Science
- 2+ years' experience in an engineering role
- US Citizen due to program requirements
- The ability to obtain and retain security clearance.
- The final Grade/Level for this position will be based on Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Materials Science, Materials Engineering, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Physics
- Active Security Clearance
- Prior experience and knowledge of processing, manufacturing equipment, characterization, and qualification methods for ceramic matrix composites and environmental barrier coatings preferred
- Excellent Judgment and professional maturity with the capability to create positive relationships
- Ability to craft clear written communication as well as possessing excellent verbal communication skills
Our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms