HEICO Aerospace (NYSE: HEI), a rapidly growing aerospace and electronics company focused on niche markets and cost-saving solutions, is currently looking for a Materials Lab Technician at our corporate location in Hollywood, FL. This position is responsible for technical materials preparation and evaluation of product in support of engineering and quality activities to ensure conformance to design and product processes. Scope of materials includes working with metallic or composite materials, such as graphite, metal alloys, ceramics and glass, plastics and polymers among others.
This is a great entry level position for someone who loves challenges, a chance to learn an exciting business, and looking for an opportunity to move up in a successful company. HEICO Aerospace Corporation offers competitive compensation, an excellent 401K plan, and medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, sick days and paid time off.
Responsibilities and Duties -- Materials Lab Technician
- Perform research activities and other tasks as necessary in lab environment
- Accurately record observations and measurements and reports results.
- Perform a variety of tasks such as: Section, mount, polish, and etch samples (which includes making up etchants).
- Perform sample evaluations in accordance with work instructions. Evaluations include grain size and microstructure features, macro and micro-hardness testing, spectroscopy, filler content determination, surface treatment characterization, among others.
- Use lab equipment such as Optical Microscopes, Spectrometer, and Scanning Electron Microscope in the materials characterization process.
- Inspect welds and brazes to ensure conformance to product requirements.
- Preparation and evaluation of thermal spray coatings for in-house process validation.
- Assist materials engineers in reverse engineering process of aircraft parts when needed.
- Assist with inventory, receipt, inspection and stocking of materials and equipment.
- Responsible for cleaning, disinfecting, and maintaining clean rooms and equipment.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Experience/Education- Materials Lab Technician
- 0-2 years of related experience preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience working with lab equipment including strength testing, mixing and blending equipment preferred but not required.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required.
Skills - Materials Lab Technician
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of MS Office Suite: Excel, MS Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent math skills; ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and with a team, effectively; proven ability to develop successful partnerships with internal and external team members.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment, as appropriate for the job function.
For information on requesting a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job, please contact the Human Resources Manager at this location during regular business hours. For additional information on HEICO Careers, please visit us online atWWW.HEICO.COM
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled