To be fully engaged in providing Quality / No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by providing world class quality, competitive value, and outstanding service through effective materials management of programs in supply logistics, inventory management, computer support, and supply channel management to clinical departments. Assist the General Stores supervisor and work directly with assigned departments through action and education to achieve product standardization, optimum inventory levels and reduction of operating expenses.
- In the absence of a General Stores supervisor or Department Lead, coordinates daily activities to include accomplishing work assignments, coordinating work schedules, provide on-the-job training, acts as liaison to resolve potential problems, and ensures uninterrupted customer service as directed by C&SCA Management.
- Ensures delivery of IV solutions, authorized medications, and supplies to patient care and ancillary areas per established delivery. Assists in ordering, receiving, unpacking, and storing of IV solutions, authorized medications, and supplies.
- Provides for the protection of pharmaceutical and other medical supplies while in storage by ensuring temperature and humidity control is maintained on a daily basis.
- Conducts monthly department safety inspections and participates in quarterly safety meetings. Briefs associates as required.
- Receives supplies and equipment using Materials Management Information Systems (MMIS) and standard operating procedures.
- Develop and implement inventory control procedures for optimal accuracy.
- Provide Logistic Services to all departments and distributes medical supplies or equipment to supported customer areas in a timely manner. Services to include shipments, receiving, distribution, inventory, and materials management
- Develop an optimum inventory level for assigned departments. Inventories and manages replenishment of various supply carts located throughout the hospital in accordance with established cycles pertaining to usage
- Acts as liaison to Purchasing and hospital staff regarding equipment and supply purchasing policies and procedures.
- Operates and supports PeopleSoft, ScanReq (OptiFlex), Pocket Pro, @PAR, Digitech high-volume paper scanning software (Paper Flow), HBOC Clinicals, and essential IT operations and improvements including downtime strategy and data entry.
- Reduce inventory loss attributed to damage or obsolescence
- Participate and assist in reducing department supply operating cost through standardization, utilization, and education.
- Associate degree from an accredited school in Business Administration or related discipline is preferred. High school diploma or equivalent (GED) education is mandatory.
- Minimum of five years hospital related experience involving selection, procurement, distribution, or inventory control of medical/surgical supplies preferred.
- High degree of math aptitude and communication skills (reading, writing, speaking).
- Comprehend basic oral and written daily work assignments.
- Ability to read, write and communicate fluently in English.
- Excellent computer and typing skills in MicroSoft Office applications (Word, Excel, E-mail) to perform basic business activities.
- Knowledge of warehousing and inventory management MMIS systems.