Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Materials Management/Distribution Associate I will assist in a variety of Materials Management functions, including, but not limited to, requisitioning, inventory management, packaging, shipping, receiving, and distribution of goods and supplies. This position will work within defined protocols and procedures. This role will also complete a variety of transportation duties with an emphasis on inter-office material movements. This position is ideal for a self-starter who is comfortable fulfilling a wide variety of job responsibilities.
This role is Monday – Friday 10:00pm – 630am.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive, verify, inventory, or deliver incoming materials as needed.
- Facilitate shipment of outgoing materials or products as needed.
- Maintain inventory and associated records for raw materials, intermediates, disposables, consumables, reagents, and spare parts.
- Purchase materials to maintain designated inventory levels.
- Provide support for inventory control of non-conforming materials.
- Handle products using material handling equipment.
- Develop process and maintain purchase order requisitions.
- Transport materials daily between both internal and external local locations driving a straight truck.
- Transport packages in compliance with state and federal regulations. Work with other Warehouse or Distribution employees to ensure the proper paperwork accompanies each shipment.
- Load trucks by properly placing and securing items. Unload trucks using material handling equipment when applicable.
- Complete and maintain Department of Transportation (DOT) logs when applicable.
- Contact appropriate employee and/or department with receipt, pickup and delivery details when applicable.
- Support internal needs for delivery of materials to local external facilities.
- Assist with Operations process and improvement projects.
- Ability to accurately follow procedures or with minimal direction.
- Ability to work effectively in team situations, cross-functionally, as well as independently.
- Excellent oral, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong documentation skills and attention-to-detail necessary in a GMP and CAP environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to a quickly changing work environment with rapidly changing needs and requests.
- Support and comply with the company's safety and environmental procedures.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work designated schedule.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds for approximately 50% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work seated for approximately 40% of a typical working day. Ability to work standing for approximately 60% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 65% of a typical working day.
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height.
- Ability to work in a warehouse for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work with hazardous or flammable materials (e.g., chemicals, electrical equipment, etc.) so as not to endanger oneself or others.
- Ability to work at elevated heights.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.
- Ability to travel 5% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Associates degree in Business, Operations, or related field; or High School Degree/General Education Diploma and 2 years of relevant experience in lieu of Associates degree.
- 2+ years of experience driving vehicles larger than 10 ft.
- 1+ years of experience in a manufacturing or material handling related operation or an internship in relevant field.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a forklift certification.
- Ability to become certified to operate up to or including a 26-foot straight truck within the first month of employment.
- Ability to successfully complete any testing or other compliance requirements within the time frame required under applicable law.
- Possession of a valid driver's license, no more than two moving violations in the past 36 months, and no unresolved license revocation or suspension issues.
- Proficient in basic software applications including Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- 1+ years of experience in a Distribution/Warehouse setting.
- Experience in a biotech manufacturing environment, preferably in a GMP and/or ISO13485 environment.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.