This position will report to the NRF Shipping, Receiving, and Traffic Supervisor/Manager, under the NRF Logistics Support Sub-Division Manager. This position is responsible for performing analysis, leading, and executing the NRF Traffic Management program activities to ensure continual accountability of all in-bound/out-bound shipments in accordance with applicable government regulations and corporate policies. Assist in developing plans and conducting shipment inventories; developing and submitting required traffic reports; review new contracts (if required); and provide traffic administration guidance. Assist in conducting self-assessments and developing necessary actions to maintain an approved traffic management systems.
- Coordinate the shipment of Government-owned materials from NRF by air, rail, and highway. This includes hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
- Ship classified materials. This includes the shipment of the NRF mail pouch to Bettis-Pittsburgh.
- Maintain files for the documentation of the receipt and shipment of materials.
- Expedite the shipment and receipt of critical materials.
- Assist NRF Receiving, Acquisition management, Bettis Accounting, and vendors in resolving material receipt and payment issues.
- Assist Bettis Account and commercial carriers in resolving freight and transportation issues, including the review and approval of freight invo8ices for payment.
- File and resolve claims for lost and damaged freight with commercial carriers and verify freight invoices.
- Coordinate Battelle Energy Alliance services (Equipment pool, CFA shop operations, equipment operators, landfill operations, INL security, and bus operations).
- Support NRF personnel in the use of the Interactive Shipping Documentation System (ISDS).
- Provide NRF Security with the required information needed to allow access to NRF for vendors and commercial carriers.
- Maintain qualification to ship hazardous materials as required by the Department of Transportation (DOT) and International Air Transport Association (IATA).
- Provide backup for GSA vehicle maintenance and usage, NRF Bus Operations, and the Scrap and Excess process.
- Conduct appraisals in specific areas of materials management to ensure compliance with FMP and applicable Government polices and regulations. Draft edits and changes current materials management policies and procedures.
- Participate as a team member for Site initiatives (i.e., lean events, critiques, and audits) providing input for problem resolution and corrective actions.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Associated Materials Management Professional
BS/BA in Logistics or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university.
Intermediate Materials Management Professional
BS/BA in Logistics or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years of relevant experience based on exceptional performance trend.
Job Preferred Skills
Applicants must be well organized have extreme attention to detail, be a self-starter and be able to work with minimal oversight.
Current Employees: The same criteria used for in-line promotions will apply to employee selections made through the job posting process.