Job Code: 0311
The Materials Manager provides daily guidance, direction, and leadership to Warehouse /Material Handling Representatives for the accurate and timely receipt, storage, distribution, and shipment of medical and non-medical supplies and equipment.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Materials Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Provides on site leadership to Warehouse / Materials Handling staff in the assigned facility, to include hiring, staffing, scheduling, and training in the required tasks, as well as disciplinary actions with respect to work performance, attendance, and other policy violations.
* Ensures supplies are delivered from the warehouse / internal distribution center to the destination hospital/units in a timely fashion; supplies are inspected and delivered for replenishment on schedule.
* Ensure inventory is accurately and responsibly managed; ensures cycle counting is being done according to standard.
* Monitors warehouse / internal distribution center and unit level stocking activities, maintaining a cost effective, customer supportive level of materials and ensuring that urgent customer requests are expedited.
* Utilizes approved applications for troubleshooting and problem solving solutions for purchasing, inventory, shipment, receiving, special order deliveries, and back orders, issues and error resolution, purchasing, or supplier personnel, as appropriate.
* Administratively responsible for automated Point-of-Use system and inventory management system adding, deleting, and maintaining adequate inventory levels.
* Responsible for overseeing physical inventory in the warehouse / internal distribution center and facility supply areas; utilizes inventory management systems to evaluate reports, makes management decision for adjusting stock levels in compliance with Supply Chain Management objectives.
* Ensure the cleanliness of the warehouse / internal distribution center, supply rooms, staging areas and carts according to accreditation standards.
* Collaborates with Administrative Director, Regional Materials Manager and/or other key personnel to develop and carry-out training programs.
* Responsible for accuracy and maintenance of staff time and attendance records.
Reports to the Regional Distribution Operations Manager.
Accountable for excellent customer service and all aspects of high-level functional supply support within his/her assigned facility.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Must follow standard precautions and wear PPE when required. May handle biohazard materials and chemicals. Requires the use of motorized and non-motorized distribution equipment.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Bachelors degree required. Degree may be substituted with a High School Diploma or equivalent and an additional 4 years managerial or supervisory experience in materials management, inventory control, or in an industrial distribution operation.
* 3 years managerial experience related to requisitioning, expediting, distribution, receiving, stocking, shipping, inventory control processes, MMIS, customer service, warehousing, planning, safety, healthcare products and equipment maintenance.
* 2 yrs. experience using an ERP/MRP or inventory control software system. Previous experience with PeopleSoft preferred.
* 2 years experience in a healthcare facility warehouse or distribution network
* Demonstration of Microsoft Office proficiency required
* This job may require the incumbents to operate a INTEGRIS owned vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS owned) and therefore must have a current Oklahoma State Driver's License as well as a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written)