Tenneco is a Forbes Best Places to Work recognized company with facilities across the globe. In our Kansas City facility we are a Tier 1 supplier to General Motors and Ford. The environment is fast-paced and we function as a JIT plant. Our 150 person team is proud to take care of our customer safely while building a high quality product.
Lead and direct the materials function in a high volume, team oriented, automotive environment providing long-term planning to support plant objectives for on-time delivery, inventory dollars, DOH, supplier delivery, equipment utilization and use of lean principles and tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct the activities of shipping, receiving, warehousing and support value stream material analysts to ensure appropriate training and development of personnel to meet operational needs.
- Provide overall management strategy and develop robust systems for plant inventory levels including raw, WIP and finished goods to meet inventory goals and support demand requirements.
- Responsible to monitor and manage delivery schedules to minimize freight costs including expedited costs.
- Responsible to oversee production and scheduling practices to ensure alignment with plant and corporate goals.
- Directly support lean manufacturing principles and processes, as well as NPIS new product introductions. Contribute to overall corporate and plant strategies by participating in interplant activities and acting as a liaison with corporate materials.
- Direct materials function BOS measures to assess trends, take corrective action and meet departmental, plant and corporate goals and objectives.
- Responsible to train and develop the organization to understand critical concepts and principles of lean and world class materials management.
- Participate in daily strategic meetings to ensure continuity and opportunities for improvement are captured and addressed systematically.
- Reduce operational costs through TVM and brainstorming activity. Perform brainstorming on a weekly basis to drive continuous improvement.
- Four year degree, preferably a BA or higher.
- 4-8 years related experience in a lean manufacturing environment
- Minimum 2 years management experience.
- Ability to interpret and respond to business trends and customer requirements, technical procedures, logistical systems and government regulations.
- Must maintain strong training skills and desire to develop systems approaches, good problem solving and action planning skills.
- Ability to write reports, correspondence and procedural manuals as well as to effectively present data/information to large groups, including customers.
- Hands-on experience with SAP.
- Solid application/experience with Kan-Ban and repackaging.
- Inventory control/Physical Inventory Champion.