|Description/Comment:||Responsible for the planning and scheduling of work orders required to meet customer order commit dates. This will involve Bill of Material (BOM), assembly routing, and assembly cost review. Opening and scheduling work orders. Working with expediters to confirm PO deliveries and communicating pull-in requests. Reviewing quarterly commitments and communicating with the master scheduler on any changes. Must be self-motivated and detail oriented. |
• Plan all production activities according to product assignment and available capacity.
• Review MRP messages, verifying for released component product structures/routings and prints.
• Utilize the Shortage report and the manufacturing system to review all work orders for material availability and printing / releasing.
• Authorize production based on review of MRP and/or input from MPS.
• Perform capacity planning, shop order release and out-processing. Set priorities.
• Manage load vs. capacity so as to minimize overtime and maximize work center efficiency.
• Follow-up and track product through supply chain to ensure needs are met.
• Prepare detail updates and manage promise dates for Production meetings.
• Review and Action ECN releases related to production.
• Coordinate Client's with Engineering.
• Communicate all reschedules to Customer Service.
• Be involved and assist in the logistical movement of inbound and outbound products
• Work closely to implement best business practices for inventory management and replenishment, including inventory levels, standard order quantities, etc.
• Communicate trends in resource demands, performance to schedule and special needs to the Senior Planner in a timely fashion.
• Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
• Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
• Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
• Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
5 SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
Essential • 3-5 years experience in the following: MRP systems, planning and forecasting systems, inventory management techniques.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Good computer skills.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Adaptable to change and responsible to direction.
Preferred • Proficiencies in an ERP system (i.e. SAP, JDE, Oracle)
6 MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Essential • 3-5 years of planning experience
|Start Time:||12:00 AM|
|Hours:||8:00am to 5:00pm|