JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for managing customer order fulfillment. Maintains control and accuracy of all goods inventories, procurement, planning, scheduling and deliveries as well as manages warehouse functions including shipping, receiving and transportation. Leads the CAM/Buyers to ensure world-class customer service. The successful candidate will be customer focused, have the ability to learn on the fly, have interpersonal savvy, highly organized and be results oriented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates with customers regarding requirements, orders, complaints and concerns; and escalates complaints relating to quality to the appropriate management when necessary
- Works closely with the customers to establish and implement optimized capacity and inventory plans
- Establishes and implements methods and best practices related to production scheduling, inventory management, warehouse management and material control
- Manages the plant production schedule, ensuring customer requirements are met and aligned with capacity plan and inventory targets
- Coordinates expediting and lead-time reduction activities to achieve customer expectations and support industry best-in-class production lead times
- Communicates potential shortfalls in stock to meet customer demands to and assists in resolving shortages
- Monitors raw material consumption, develops plans to maintain production needs, identifies and addresses any issues in order to ensure on-time delivery
- Orders & Monitors raw materials including films, targets, packing supplies/ MROs
- Purchases other materials and services from outside contractors as needed
- Manages periodic physical inventory of raw materials and finished goods, and performs reconciliation of inventory
- Generates inventory and production reports to VP-Operations, as necessary
- Measures performance daily and weekly through analysis reports and recommends changes to improve and optimize throughput
- Assures all plant safety and accident prevention policies are adhered to, including maintaining cleanliness in the warehouse area, maintaining a safe work environment and safe work practices, accident investigation when necessary, and ensuring any outside contractors adhere to VDI policies and procedures
- Manages team of direct reports and is responsible for employee selection, development, mentoring, and performance management.
- Responsible for overall talent management and employee engagement; cultivates an environment of safety, high performance, and ethical and legal compliance; addresses employee relations issues.
- Ability to work cross functionally both internally and externally with customers
- Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to leverage metrics and other tools to drive supplier performance
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management or equivalent in a related field
Five years in materials or operations in a manufacturing environment, preferably in packaging, or other roll to roll R2R business
Functional certification, such as APICS, CSCMP or comparable, is preferred
Proficient ERP and Microsoft Office experience
Knowledge and previous use of technology tools that enable production scheduling and reporting
Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing quality customer service
Knowledge of principles and methods for moving materials by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits
Proven track record in supervisory/management skills
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
- Excellent computer skills with a strong background in MRP planning and inventory management. Must have experience in MS Word and Excel.
- The employee frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may need to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- With the position being located in a manufacturing plant, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud
- Formal application
- Interview with Team Leads and Supervisors
- Drug screen & background check
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements or duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute and employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.