At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With approximately 6,400 employees, BWXT has 12 major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at www.bwxt.com.
BWXT is currently seeking a Materials/Procurement Engineer for its Lynchburg, VA location!
- Performs a variety of engineering assignments and studies; reads and interprets design drawings.
- Uses CAD software to create engineering sketches.
- Supports material and/or component procurement activities.
- Interprets technical specifications, uses computerized systems, and prepares documents.
- Generates reports, customer correspondence, letters, etc., subject to the approval of unit manager.
- Supports and analyzes manufacturing issues.
- Interfaces with others (both internally and with our suppliers/customers).
- Serves as technical liaison between our government customer and multiple suppliers.
- Travels, moderately, to support supplier oversight functions.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an ABET-accredited university is required. Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science/Engineering Degree preferred. Graduate degree preferred.
- Prior experience in manufacturing is desired.
- Must be willing to travel to support supplier oversight functions.
- Must be able to learn new electronic systems.
- Must have demonstrable experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Must have demonstrable problem solving and analytical skills (ability to perform data input, trending and analysis using Excel or other electronic tools).
- Must be able to demonstrate superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be a US Citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) clearance.
U.S. Citizenship, with no dual citizenship is required for this position.
Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigationand must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. Position requires U.S. citizenship with (no dual citizenship) ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance which involves an extensive criminal and financial background investigation, drug test and previous employment reference verifications.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.