Materials/Purchasing Manager(tier one automotive)
My client is a tier one automotive supplier based in the Louisville area with sales approaching 100mil. Strong growth over the past 5 years has included an expanded customer base, as well as expanded plant operations.
(qualified candidates must have extensive automotive experience)
This position directs and formulates procedures and policies to make certain materials are available or delivered when needed. Manages incoming and outgoing movement of materials. Monitors material and supply inventories through CMS. Supervises purchasing, scheduling, and shipping/receiving. Responsible for the development and administration of purchasing, scheduling, and shipping procedures/practices, ensuring prompt delivery of quality goods at a fair price.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Direct the purchase of supplies, materials, packaging, and equipment in conformance with ethical purchasing practices.
- Select reliable sources, approve purchase orders, control prices and quality.
- Contact suppliers for information on factors affecting prices, availability, and delivery of products. Ensure supplier management systems are in place to meet company and TS16949 requirements.
- Investigate potential supply sources and visit vendors to investigate facilities capacity and ability to provide quality products as required.
- Direct purchase of items that must be specially designed, produced or modified in accordance with drawing or engineering specifications.
- Prepare specifications required to obtain outside bids.
- Exchange information with internal personnel regarding requirements for equipment, materials and supplies.
- Direct the scheduling of work in progress and finished good materials.
- Ensure the plan for every part is maintained, revise as necessary.
- Monitor inventory levels and work to reduce inventory.
- Maintain an accurate perpetual inventory always.
- Monitor and maintain on-time shipping schedule with internal and external customers.
- Monitor customer portals to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Supervise personnel in purchasing, scheduling, and shipping/receiving functions.
- Ensure delivery and shipment of materials occurs timely and within process guidelines.
- Promote and monitor safe work practices among shipping/receiving department.
- Act as packaging liaison with customers. Complete appropriate customer packaging forms.
- Assist in design of packaging that meets company safety, ergonomic, and quality guidelines.
- Maintain communications with customers regarding delivery of packaging.
- Ensure compliance with regulations regarding receipt and delivery of hazardous materials.
- Ensure customs paperwork is completed and filed per federal guidelines for overseas receipts and shipments.
- Perform budgetary planning for manning and capital items related to purchasing and logistics. Provide justifications for budgetary decisions including capital.
- Collaborate with other management team members to ensure company Culture is always top priority.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and acceptable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business, technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and customers.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, discounts, interest, commissions and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- The ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; develop alternative solutions; and work well in group problem solving.
- Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others. Be proficient in utilizing MRP software.
- Demonstrate group and individual presentation skills; actively participate in meetings, including high level customer and supplier meetings
- The ability to write legibly and logically to communicate with both internal and external customers. This includes high level customer and supplier communications.
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business
- Five Years Materials Management and/or Supply Chain experience
- APICS certified (either CPIM or CSCP)
Relocation is available.
Qualified candidates please send a resume in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org