Lynntech, Inc. a rapidly growing technology development company specializing in transitioning innovative ideas and concepts into marketable technologies, is seeking highly motivated, creative researchers for our team-driven work environment. We currently have exciting opportunities for a Research Assistant/Research Associate with a strong background in Rapid Prototyping, Electronics Technology, Electronic Systems, and/or Computer Programming. The earliest anticipated start date is 22 June 2020. We encourage candidates to apply prior to this date but we will continue to accept applications until the position is filled.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the design and execution of laboratory experiments
- Acquiring data using various analytical techniques
- Analyzing and interpreting test results
- Maintaining a laboratory notebook as a detailed log of experiments, results, and ongoing research efforts
- Generating formal written reports of research efforts
- Performing other duties as assigned
Desired Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in the physical sciences, engineering, or a related technological field, such as:
- Computer Science
- Non-traditional engineering fields
- 1 year experience working in a research, development, and/or rapid prototyping environment
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Microcontrollers / embedded systems / single-board computers
- Circuit fabrication and testing
- Hardware fabrication
- Programming (basic scripting, GUI design, data science, computer vision experience is a plus)
- Computer-Aided Design (mechanical / electrical)
- 3D printing / additive manufacturing
Applicants with unconventional (but relevant) education and/or experience will be considered. Military experience is highly valued.
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Self-motivated and multitasking ability to meet tight schedules and deadlines
- Ability to design and carry out experiments with limited supervision
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to interact with scientists and researchers from other disciplines
- Effective oral and written communication that enables the interaction with all levels of management, technical, and scientific personnel
- Excellent organizational and data management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven technical writing capabilities
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office components
- Due to contract requirements, person must be a US Person which is a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Desirable Applicant Characteristics:
- Passion for learning, growth mindset
- Generalist / jack-of-all-trades / broad knowledge base
- Ability to mentally transition between short-term and long-term projects (e. willing to design quick suboptimal solutions if pressed for time, and also elegant scalable solutions if time permits)
- Enjoys brainstorming and developing creative solutions to hard problems
Candidates must submit a cover letter with a 1-2 page resume highlighting their experience and education, especially as these would pertain to the qualifications and desired credentials mentioned above.
In our challenging and multidisciplinary work environment, qualified applicants will have the opportunity to develop their own scientific interests and broaden laboratory skills. This profitable, dynamic company offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. Our facilities are located in College Station, Texas, just four miles from Texas A&M University.
Qualified applicants should apply online at www.lynntech.com.
Lynntech is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.