Job Summary / Purpose
The Materials and Services Contracting Analyst is responsible for coordinating bids, sourcing, negotiating and securing agreements for materials and services. This position is responsible for evaluating materials and services supplier performance and communicating results to operations; maintaining compliance
Essential Duties / Functions
- Manage development, evaluation and execution of contracts for materials and services (M&S), professional services, or other contracts including related controls.
- Identifies, develops and implements opportunities for cost savings in contracting. (i.e. terms and rate negotiations, renewals, service levels, etc.); works with legal for endorsement on changes to model agreements.
- Monitors contracts and ensures that renewal or replacement contracts are in place such that there are not lapses in service availability.
- Leads bidding activities for major projects, high value purchases, and other scenarios, as required, including providing advisory activities/recommendations on scopes of work, required exhibits, and other bid documents.
- Responsible for updating process guidelines and procedures related to job role. Identify process improvements as needed.
- Maintain excellent customer service skills and relationships while interfacing with suppliers and other functions. Ensure third party vendors understand Golden Pass qualification requirements.
- Responsible for strategic sourcing of materials and services, working with operations and maintenance; evaluating vendor for contracting considerations
- Coordinates amendment of Golden Pass to shareholder agreements.
- Develop criteria on vendors Golden Pass would do business with: financial considerations, safety, references, any conflicts, etc. while ensuring that Golden Pass has the updated best practices incorporated into model agreements.
- Analyze and document contract deliverables and requirements (KPI’s) and monitors for efficiency.
- Executes contracting notification schedule in contract management system.
- Participates in internal assessments and in resolution of gaps.
Minimum education required of the position.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business administration or other related discipline
Minimum experience required of the position.
3 to 5 years related contracting / procurement experience
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- ERP skills required in materials management & procurement
- Ability to improve processes and procedures
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to coordinate and lead bidding team(s)
- Strong understanding of control principles
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrates initiative and excellent time management skills
- Ability to interface with multiple organizations and various levels of management
Required job competencies of the position.
- Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Planning and Organizing
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position.
Normal office environment
Normal office lifting, climbing, walking distance, etc.
- Not all aspects of the job are covered by the description – may require “other duties as assigned.”
- Job may change over time in accordance with business needs.
- Job description does not guarantee employment.