Will be responsible to lead & manage all fast paced operations of Raw Material and Finished Goods Stockroom, Kitting areas, Shipping and Inspection. Responsible for monitoring and directing staff to ensure that productivity, quality and corporate goals are met.
- Monitors department performance and take corrective action to eliminate process discrepancies.
- Ensures resources are properly allocated and material interruptions are resolved quickly and effectively.
- Facilitates overall workflow to support Supply Chain and Manufacturing to meet production’s demand.
- Plans and coordinates RM-Stockroom FG Stockroom, Shipping & Kitting activities and Team objectives.
- Provides department’s personnel with training opportunities relative to new business goals and objectives.
- Maximizes the utilization of manpower through effective cross-training, development and delegation.
- Works with team to develop, execute and sustain operating systems to proficiently support all areas.
- Monitor Department Dashboard’s and Reports to maintain accurate throughput and cycle time of aging material to report and maintain department’s metrics.
- Ensures that routine equipment maintenance, calibration and risk assessment evaluations are being completed.
- Reviews and maintains all documentation and implement new procedures as required to meet the companies ISO requirements. Knowledges of the DCS and DCO processes.
- Supports MRB functions and work with Engineering and Purchasing to implement corrective actions as needed.
- Supports Supplier Quality in the operation of 1st piece article material for inspection and qualification
- Collaborates with Manufacturing Engineering and Supplier Quality in order to drive corrective action on material issues.
- Responsible for maintaining health and safety, assuring the company policy for health and safety are met.
- Manages and supports Purchasing the company’s Consignment Program
- Manages and supports the Finance Cycle Count and Physical Inventory Program
- Maintain and monitor ESD station, data and process for the department
- Support and Maintain Company’s 5S program.
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in a Materials/Stockroom leadership role.
- Associates Degree in a technical discipline or its equivalent
- Experience in implementing and building teams
- Strong communication and team management skills
- Demonstrated experience utilizing world-class techniques such as SPC, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, etc.
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Vicor is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Production Shift Supervisor