Portola has an FDA-approved medicine, Andexxa®, the first and only antidote for patients treated with rivaroxaban and apixaban when reversal of anticoagulation is needed due to life-threatening or uncontrolled bleeding. The company is also advancing cerdulatinib, a Syk/JAK inhibitor for the treatment of hematologic cancers.
A Portola internship can be a key experience for a student or recent graduate interested in healthcare or the pharma/biotech industry. The MBA Marketing Summer Internship is a paid, 10-week program based at our South San Francisco headquarters. During the course of the summer, the intern will gain invaluable product and disease-state marketing experience, an opportunity to have a direct business impact, and an understanding of the Portola organization.
Interns will kick-off their summer internship with initial learning/training on the disease-state and therapy. Summer projects may include:
- Commercial strategy and analysis pertaining to global Andexxa planning
- Market assessment and competitor assessment pertaining to cerdulatinib planning in various NHL oncology disease states
- Conducting market research or performing secondary data analytics
- Creation and execution of various EU marketing materials or developing digital resources
Stakeholders of intern summer projects will include colleagues from Sales, Marketing Operations, Market Access, Legal, Regulatory and Medical functions. The internship will conclude with a final presentation to senior leaders of the commercial organization.
- Full-time MBA student, or recent MBA graduate
- Sales, marketing, consulting, or healthcare background is a plus, however candidates from all professional and academic backgrounds will be considered
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage and implement multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to solve problems that include various competing stakeholders
- Ability to quickly analyze and communicate data to support business objectives
- Proven attention to detail and ability to innovate within an organization
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Compliance within Portola internal policies and procedures, as well as with FDA regulatory promotional guidelines
- Authorization to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g H1-B status) now or in the future