Apex Systems, the 2nd largest staffing firm, is seeking a Senior McAfee Engineer in the Northern Virginia area. This candidate will have experience with deploying and configuring McAfee and be responsible for providing Tier III support on our client's Operations group. If interested, please send resumes to email@example.com
What You’ll Get to Do:
You will be a McAfee Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the Deployment team as well as providing selective O&M services to Phase 1 tools for an enterprise CMaaS solution based on McAfee.
- Deploy, maintain, and operate the McAfee Suite of products, including ePO/Policy Auditor, Application Control, and other Cyber Security Products such as Tenable Nessus, and ForeScout CounterAct. Host Data Loss Prevention (HDLP 9.1, 9.3).
- Maintain product(s) updates and upgrades.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting to provide initial problem resolution where possible.
- Work with customers and vendors on the key initiatives.
- Generate, monitor and track incidents through resolution
- Maintain knowledge database of common questions/incidents and their resolution.
- Coaches, reviews and delegates work to lower level team members.
More About the Role:
- Limited oversight from manager
- Works to achieve operational targets within job area with direct impact on department results
- Implements and executes on technical initiatives and solutions
- Provides status reports at least weekly and monthly and complete other reporting requirements as required for overall program reporting requirements
- Develops and maintains the relevant portions of the Service Operations Handbook specific to McAfee tools
- Holds team members accountable for following published SOPs
- Communicates within the project area or technical department on matters that involve obtaining or providing information requiring some explanation or interpretation in order to reach agreement.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Candidates must be US citizens and able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance and DHS EOD as a condition of employment.
- BA/BS or equivalent years of experience and 7+ YRS relevant experience
- Experience with systems applications engineering, to include deployment, configuration and troubleshooting
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with McAfee ePO Policy Auditor and Application control highly preferred.
- At least one active McAfee Suite product specific certification:
- McAfee Product Specialist - ENS (Endpoint Security)
- McAfee Product Specialist - ATD (Advanced Threat Defense)
- McAfee Product Specialist - ePO (ePolicy Orchestrator and VirusScan)
- McAfee Product Specialist - NSP (Network Security Platform)
- McAfee Product Specialist - HIPs
- McAfee Product Specialist - DLPe (Data Loss Prevention Endpoint)
- McAfee Product Specialist - SIEM (security information and event management)
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Relevant DHS or .Gov Cyber Security focused experience
- Experience with ITIL processes
- Working knowledge of Service Now Ticket Management Systems.
- Experience with Windows desktop and server operating systems (Group Policy Object (GPO) and Active Directory administration)
- Experience with VMware virtualization technologies, including one or more of the following: ESXi, Vmware View, vCenter Server, vCloud Director
- Experience with NAS and SAN based storage solutions to include file-based and block-level storage devices
- Experience with administration of networking technologies including LAN/WAN, wireless, and VPN
- Experience with AWS cloud platform
- Experience with McAfee Skyhigh, Workload, or Virtual Network Security Platform
- Security+ Certification or better
- Ability to troubleshoot wide-ranging issues (OS, hardware, network, storage, firewall, COTS layers and customer access/authentication)
- Detail oriented – must be able to recognize critical elements of successful operations and then hold themselves and their teams accountable for meeting those critical elements.
- Flexibility – The environment is very dynamic. You will be expected to keep up with the changing environment while ensuring a high level of operational effectiveness
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178