Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of eight hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the states largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
Location: PMG - Kaseman
* Medical Degree
* BE/BC - American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
* NM Medical License
Seeking a psychiatrist with specialized training in addiction diagnosis and treatment as it relates to the reciprocal impact of psychiatric and substance use disorders. Certification in Addictions Psychiatry is preferred.
- Provides BH intervention, support and treatment for SUD program in the specialty outpatient setting.
- Maintains active or associate membership on PHS Medical Staff in good standing. Abides by all relevant obligations as set forth in the Rules and Regulations of PHS Medical Staff Organization.
- Works in a collegial, facilitative manner with PHS physicians and all appropriate medical staff sections and departments.
- Performs professional clinical duties as the psychiatrist of record for patients as directed, according to accepted standards of professional psychiatric practice. This includes collaboration and effective communication with nursing and ancillary staff, participation in multi-disciplinary treatment planning, and thorough documentation in medical record.
- Participates in on-call duties in rotation with other staff psychiatrists as directed.
- Active participation in initiatives to improve clinical and service quality as directed by program administration.
- Serves in a leadership role in regard to the care of own patients. With input from nursing and ancillary staff, directing the course of treatment and educating staff.
- Performs additional duties as directed.
Competencies and skills:
* Providing a Continuum of Care Approach
* Communicating with Individuals & Groups
* SKILL-Ability to effectively interact with customers to understand their needs and explain data
* SKILL-Microsoft Office
* Educating Employees, Customers & Transferring Knowledge
* Diagnosing & Resolving Problems
* SKILL-Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person and via telephone with members, employer groups, brokers, physicians, and physician office staff using strong dialogue and customer service competencies.
* SKILL-Written communication
Performs clinical service within the Behavioral Health Program as directed.
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
Competitive salaries<\ i="">
Full medical, dental and vision insurance<\ i="">
Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)<\ i="">
Free wellness programs<\ i="">
Paid time off (PTO)<\ i="">
Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions<\ i="">
Continuing education and career development opportunities<\ i="">
Life insurance and short/long term disability programs<\ i=""><\ l="">
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich life>Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active life>
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.