MDM Technical Lead (
Job Number:324886 )
The Technical Lead serves as a key resource in building and executing Chubb's MDM and Data Quality implementation strategy to support Digital, Analytics and Marketing initiatives. This individual will work with key stakeholders, business partners, and IT counterparts to define requirements, analyze source data, assist with high level data designs, data modeling, design and development and troubleshooting data issues. S/he will play a key role in Data Discovery, Data Cleansing and Mastering Data efforts by working with ETL developers, data testers, and business users to form a cohesive unit responsible for providing business information.
The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter who will take ownership of projects and deliver high-quality data-driven solutions. The person should be adept at solving diverse business problems by utilizing a variety of different tools, strategies, and methodologies. S/he should be comfortable working with data in varying technology platforms, data types, and formats.
• Day to Day responsibilities include attending technical discussions with our business units (Personal, Commercial, Claims) to analyze requirements and formulate technical solutions around MDM strategies.
• Participate in Logical and Physical Data Models. Person is expected to be familiar with standard industry data models. Knowledge of Insurance specific domain attributes preferred
• Work with Architects towards High Level Solution Design and translate to Low Level Design
• Hands on Design and Development along with providing technical SME guidance to contracting resources both onsite and offshore
• Conduct Design and Code reviews. Should be able to manage concurrent project implementations
• Provide support to Testing(IT/ST) and UAT
• Engage in Production deployment and release planning
• Engage with prod support teams for troubleshooting defects and any escalations thereof.
• Be able to multi-task multiple projects and initiatives.
• Work in synergy with Architects, Project Managers, Business Users, besides inter-department synergies.
• Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, Mathematics or other engineering field
• Adept in core MDM functionalities such as Match, Merge, Survivorship, Trust Scores, Hierarchy and External Match
• Knowledge of MDM Real Time and Batch loads. Experience with SIF and API services preferred. Java and Web Services knowledge etc.
• Experience with Data Quality. Worked extensively on Data Profiling, Data Standardization, DQ Analytics
• Additional skills and experiences such as ETL.
• Experience with Informatica suite of product such as IDQ, MDM, IDD and PowerCenter is required.
• Proficient in SQL and advanced data manipulation techniques
• Experienced in programming languages such as C, java and Shell Scripts
• Experienced in performance tuning and service monitoring
• Knowledge of AGILE and/or JIRA toolset
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
Jersey City 07302
Job- Information Technology
Job Posting- Nov 14, 2019, 2:49:36 PM