- Utilizing Paired programming
- Leveraging Test-Driven Development
- Daily interactions and open communication channels with you and your Product Manager
- Participation in Iteration Planning, Stand-up and Retrospective meetings
- Able to facilitate diverse teams, multi-task, and work under pressure to meet aggressive schedule targets
- Able to work effectively across organizational and geographical boundaries
Expectations for a developer include:
- Demonstrate technical skills and aptitude needed to meet/exceed delivery velocity expectations as a full stack developer
- Actively learn different technologies as needed for delivery of stories
- Adhere to practices (for example, pair programming and test-driven development) and hold others accountable for the same
- Deliver on all phases of development work from initial kick-off, technical setup, application development, and support
- Serve as a leader in all dimensions of the work: people, process, technology
- Embrace approach of making collaborative, fast, local decisions; then course correct as/if needed (test/learn/iterate)
- Active participation in regular meetings (e.g., site standup, product team standup, iteration planning meeting, retrospective, lunch & learns)
- Actively work to transfer knowledge of practices and technical skills to other people (including delivery areas) to grow adoption
- Provide meaningful/thoughtful feedback on others as requested
- Receive constructive criticism and take necessary steps to improve where/when needed
- If there is bench time, leverage it to work on any assigned projects and/or for self-study to advance technical skills
- Developed code should promote principles of 12 factor apps, availability, scalability, maintainability and security
- Maintain positive outlook in handling continuous change and bring a sense of urgency in driving positive change at Allstate (innovation, faster time to market, improved quality)
- Embrace an organization model that is self-directed / self-managed as a team and as individuals
- Satisfy all administrative-type requirements such as Prism timesheets, HR timesheets, performance management process, annual compliance, security training, etc.
- 5+ years technology development and implementation experience.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (especially Agile XP), including paired programming and test driven development.
- Spring Framework
- AnjularJS or ReactJS
- Microsoft SQL Server or MongoDB
Familiarity with the following is a plus:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science.
About the Company:
Peterson Technology Partners (PTP) has been Chicago's premier I.T. staffing, consulting, and recruiting firm for over 20+ years. Named after Chicago's historic Peterson Avenue, PTP has built its reputation by developing lasting relationships, leading digital transformation, and inspiring technical innovation throughout Chicagoland. Now based in Park Ridge, IL, PTP's 250+ employees have narrowed their focus to a single market (Chicago) and 4 core technical areas;
Application/mobile/web development and eCommerce
Data science/analytics/business intelligence/artificial intelligence
ERP SAP/Oracle and project management/BA/QA
PTP exists to ensure that all of our partners (clients and candidates alike) make the best hiring and career decisions.
Peterson Technology Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Free Food and Coffee
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Professional Development
- Vacation/paid time off