BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Graphic Design Intern
BJs Wholesale Club prides itself on our Management Development Program Summer Internship. We have been awarded Forbes best employers for new grads in 2018 and best places to work for LGBTQ equality in 2017. As a company we provide students with a well-rounded corporate experience to develop the necessary skills they need to thrive in the next step of their career. We offer a competitive paid internship that has strategic and project-based positions in different areas of the business. As an intern you would report to a VP or above and be assigned a mentor that will help you navigate the day to day operations
The Graphic Design intern will be responsible for collaborating with designers to support the team with individual and team projects and learning the design and revice process for print and digital communication. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design and revise graphic elements for print and digital communications based on the design concept and company branding
- Create marketing collateral, emails, video animation, and promotional items in adherence to deadlines, while monitoring accuracy and design consistency.
- Resize and reformat existing creative as needed
- Work both on individual and team projects
- Collaborate with designers, writers and business partners.
- GPA of 3.4 or above
- Preferred majors in Graphic Design, Interactive Design, and Media Art
- In the class of 2020 or 2021
- Preferred to have some previouus design experiance
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (Adobe Indesign, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Energetic/Enthusiastic, team player who is collaborative, takes creative direction well and likes to challenge themselves and partner with others. Ability to support design teams & process at all levels
- Leadership experience in programs, projects, clubs-preferred
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.