To be considered for this position, please follow this link and complete our Employee Assessment!
Manage the MDS functions and processes to maximize clinical outcomes for residents and ensure timely, accurate and complete clinical and support documentation to enable the facility to be fully reimbursed by government payer sources for all services provided by accomplishing the specific business goals.
- This position requires a current valid license nursing license issued in the state where the person will practice from an accredited school of nursing.
- Two years of MDS experience in the long-term care setting.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership and organizational skills, and provide positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively through both speech and writing.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the specialized procedures applied, and equipment used, in the assigned unit.
- Up-to-date physical assessment skills and comprehensive knowledge of nursing principles are required.
- Must be CPR certified.
- Acts as chairperson of the inter-disciplinary care plan team (IDT);
- Works with the inter-disciplinary team in developing plan of care for each resident;
- Establish/update the initial plan of care within five days of admission;
- Maintain and update the plan of care for each resident at a minimum of biweekly;
- Assist in the scheduling of participation of the resident or resident’s responsible party in the care plan meetings.
- Meets daily with Therapy Director to review therapy participation and assessment schedule for skilled residents;
- Inform all IDT members of any significant change in resident’s condition that will necessitate a full resident assessment;
- Notifies and coordinates the IDT for MDS assessments completion according to the admission date, assessment reference date, and MDS transmission date.
- Develops a MDS assessment calendar;
- Performs MDS nursing assessment and or ensures nursing staff performs MDS nursing assessment according to the required time frame;
- In the absence of an interdisciplinary team member the MDS Coordinator is responsible for completion of the additional section(s) of the MDS.
- Monitors compliance by the IDT members in completion of the MDS and care planning process. Reports ongoing performance related issues to the Administrator as appropriate;
- Coordinates and leads the weekly Utilization Review/Medicare Meeting;
- Completes the monthly skilled billing log and submits on/before the 8th day of the month to assigned billing specialist;
- Ensures all emergency and resident care measures are utilized to stabilize the resident’s condition;
- In case of staffing emergencies, performs clinical tasks as required or assigned;
- Conducts daily stand up meetings with IDT, including rehab to monitor the MDS process progress;